2012 IB exam results. Nervous?

Smile44

I don't have a conditional offer thank god..and I'm still worried! If my offer was conditional I don't know what state I'd be in.

hahah u're going to the US then I assume? all UK uni offers are conditional unless u've obtained ur grades (like if u've taken a gap year or are a mature applicant)

Same, our IB coordinator said it will be funny to wtach you guys agonize. (however they technically only count for me and another girl who have applied to UK unis) as IB-Canadian diploma conversions are pre generous. :) How did your exams go btw (asked you for math help once and scored awesome on my portfolio so thanks! :D)

well they could choose to email us :P but nah, our school is just obeying the rules. oh that's great to hear! :) uhh I don't wanna think about exams anymore, but they're okay lol. hbu?

I am not looking forward to them at all, I have had nightmares that I got no 7's and I remember seeing just 5's and 6's when I opened my results! I want atleast a couple of 7's!

my nightmare was even worse!! I got all 4s and 5s, and I failed to meet my uni offer condition. I cried and ranted.... gosh it was scary.

I don't care about grade boundaries. I just want my results!!!

Know I screwed up chem paper 2 (really need that 6, hopeflully), unsure about the rest such as languages, math was abnormally difficult and economics was decent, bio went well. Hopefully, it works out. Scared.

And also, I am sure you will get 40+ or some wicked score. :P don't worry about that dream. :)

This is my prediction for the boundaries for the subjects I did

Math HL series- 75-100

Chemistry HL- 82-100

Biology HL- 83-100

Economics SL- 77-100

English A1 SL- 78-100

Chemistry is way too high. :o It wasn't an easy paper (harder than both may and nov 2011 and 2010 sessions)

Guest casanova

hmm.. i dont know really... it was very hard for us students, but our teacher said that we should all be ashamed if we get lower than 4-5 this year.. but hmm.. i thought about getting 5-6 in math, but now, i will probably have only 3 :(

Chemistry boundaries are never too low, the lowest I have seen it go is 77 in 2007! So I don't know if it will go any lower than that, but I felt our paper 2 was easier than May 2011, paper 1 was slightly harder, paper 3 was easy! Maybe 82 is abit on the higher side maybe 80-100 or 79-100 then!

I don't have a conditional offer thank god..and I'm still worried! If my offer was conditional I don't know what state I'd be in.

hahah u're going to the US then I assume? all UK uni offers are conditional unless u've obtained ur grades (like if u've taken a gap year or are a mature applicant)

Yep Desi, I'm going to US uni of pennsylvania!

Chemistry boundaries are never too low, the lowest I have seen it go is 77 in 2007! So I don't know if it will go any lower than that, but I felt our paper 2 was easier than May 2011, paper 1 was slightly harder, paper 3 was easy! Maybe 82 is abit on the higher side maybe 80-100 or 79-100 then!

Yeah, oh, we are different timezones. :P Hence, the confusion, our paper 2 was harder than last year's (no stoich), paper 3 was easy, paper 1 was decent! Yeah, well, I know a 7 is out, just hoping for a 6. :) Btw, congrats on uni of penn (thats amazing)

Edited by apple.toronto

hmm.. i dont know really... it was very hard for us students, but our teacher said that we should all be ashamed if we get lower than 4-5 this year.. but hmm.. i thought about getting 5-6 in math, but now, i will probably have only 3 :(

How did you do on your IA's? And how many points do you think you earned on paper 1 and 2 that you think you only got a 3?

I'm glad that I have an unconditional offer (yay US universities :P) but I still want to do well on my IB exams. Worried most about chemistry, since that's what I'm planning to study at my university and it would look bad if something happened and I only scored like a 5, and history, only because paper 3 didn't go as well as I'd hoped. We'll see on July 6!

INCREDIBLY nervous. I haven't nearly as much hinging on the results as some of you guys as I've gotten into my college of choice. At the moments it's all just a matter of how much scholarship money I get to go there.

Gah, can't think about it. Best of luck to you guys. Just enjoy your summer, and let's just remember that IT'S OVER GUYS! YEAH!

INCREDIBLY nervous. I haven't nearly as much hinging on the results as some of you guys as I've gotten into my college of choice. At the moments it's all just a matter of how much scholarship money I get to go there.

Gah, can't think about it. Best of luck to you guys. Just enjoy your summer, and let's just remember that IT'S OVER GUYS! YEAH!

aww calm down and wish u the best of luck!! and yes FINALLY we're done with IB :D

I'm the ultimate IB risk taker... Need 36 points to meet my offer, don't think I'm going to make them, but I don't have an insurance university either. July 6th is going to be horrible...

I dont have any insurance either lol but good luck!!