Type I - Lacsap's Fractions

vivo per lei

i got the general statement for the numerator but how would u find the gs for the denominator if it is not contant....eg. the denominators in row 5 are 11 9 9 11...smbdy pls help!

Oh and don't forget to read the earlier posts, a lot of them were very helpful

hey everyone. im pretty sure i got my general statement down. im just debating that when i generate my graphs, such as row # and numerator, should i connect the dots? i was pretty sure i shouldn't since these are term numbers and they had to be discrete, since you cannot have term lets say 2.5. i just want to make sure.

hey everyone. im pretty sure i got my general statement down. im just debating that when i generate my graphs, such as row # and numerator, should i connect the dots? i was pretty sure i shouldn't since these are term numbers and they had to be discrete, since you cannot have term lets say 2.5. i just want to make sure.

That's up to you to decide.

everyone is using quadratic regression but how is it known that the general statement is a quadratic? it could be working for a quadratic regression because it is just a part of a cubic or quartic or greater type of function.

Because the values increase and decrease in a parabolic fashion. Basically, it's only increasing and decreasing once no matter what row you compute it for (even based on things like noticing the patterns of how everything adds up). If it did something like decrease, then increase, then decrease again it would be cubic, etc etc.

i got the general statement for the numerator but how would u find the gs for the denominator if it is not contant....eg. the denominators in row 5 are 11 9 9 11...smbdy pls help!

Try using systems of equations. Me and a lot of my friends used it for this IA and quite a few of us got 7's haha.

For your post responding to me, it does look like a parabola but it could easily be part of a polynomial or a different type of function

Thank you so much for your help!

I don't know if I have exactly the same portfolio as you because mine is in french and some of the criteria in my assessment is not exactly the same but they require that I "demonstrate with a summation the formula found with the technology". I have the formula and all but I don't know how to "demonstrate with a summation". We are not studying that in class yet so... I'm kinda lost :unsure: How do we do that?

Well, I must say this thread helped me a lot! Seriously, a huge thank you to those who helped out replying to all of the threads! Thank you , thank you, thank you and thank you! :)

I'm a newbie so I don't really know how to tag someone in this post but...Desy Glau! Thanks for all the tips, I admire your paitience ^^

I cant believe i am in precalc and i forgot how to find the slope of a quadratic graph but could you please remind me. i know it is ax^2 + bx + c. but what is a,b,and c?

the row number is on the x axis and the numerator in each consecutive row is the y axis so how do i derive a formula off of this information? I know its (r + 1) triangular numbers. also i have the formula from other sources, i just want to understand how to get it. why do you divide it by two that's what gets me. This would be better if i could just right the formula out but i cant do that can i? could you please guide me?

one more question the slope of the graph should get me the general statement for the numerator right? and the general statement is just a fancy word for formula? how do i find the slope? its N = n^2 + n/2 but why is that over two their??? please help im sure i can figure it out with guidance :)

one more question the slope of the graph should get me the general statement for the numerator right? and the general statement is just a fancy word for formula? how do i find the slope? its N = n^2 + n/2 but why is that over two their??? please help im sure i can figure it out with guidance :)