Type I - Lacsap's Fractions

vivo per lei

Hello there (: I wish I had found this thread earlier! I have obtained the general statement which provides me with correct answers but I just wanted to make sure : after having converted the general statement fraction with a non-zero factor of 2 (to rid of the fractions within a fraction) I obtained my final general statement which provides answers that are consistently 2 times great than the true literature value that is found within the actual pattern.

Is it correct to assume that it is not needed to write "2En® = bladabladada" as simply being able to simplify the fraction to the correct answer will suffice..? i.e. 12/8 simplified to 6/4 is the one I am wondering about. Am I fine by just putting En® = jhrgjq54tjhhg = then simplify the fractions to obtain the true value..? Or should I put a "divide by 2" sign after the general statement? Thank you ever so much. (:

Hello there (: I wish I had found this thread earlier! I have obtained the general statement which provides me with correct answers but I just wanted to make sure : after having converted the general statement fraction with a non-zero factor of 2 (to rid of the fractions within a fraction) I obtained my final general statement which provides answers that are consistently 2 times great than the true literature value that is found within the actual pattern.

Is it correct to assume that it is not needed to write "2En® = bladabladada" as simply being able to simplify the fraction to the correct answer will suffice..? i.e. 12/8 simplified to 6/4 is the one I am wondering about. Am I fine by just putting En® = jhrgjq54tjhhg = then simplify the fractions to obtain the true value..? Or should I put a "divide by 2" sign after the general statement? Thank you ever so much. (:

I wondered about this too! but I'd put both fractions. one with the 0.something coefficients, and the simplified one with integer coefficients. good luck!

• Like 1

I have figured all the answers to this, however this is my first IA so i had some question formats if you guys don't mind helping me !

first of all, how long is this supposed to be ? How many pages do you have? Also, should i write an introduction? A page of content?

thank you loads for the help!

I've read through pages 1-8 of this thread (after that it seems to get off the topic I need, if not lemme know), and people are asking over and over of how to find the denominator and Desy is working hard to try and explain it. But I don't understand a lot of what you're saying. I've made three tables so far, r=1, r=2, r=3. And i have the rows in one column and the denominator in the other column. I can put this into the calculator and get three equations for each diagonal or slant. But how do i make this one equation for all three diagonals or all diagonals? And how do I put En® into the formula?

And another question, for that actual portfolio, do I have to answer the questions in the order that they are? I know this is a kinda dumb question because they are already in the order I would use, but is it possible?

I've read through pages 1-8 of this thread (after that it seems to get off the topic I need, if not lemme know), and people are asking over and over of how to find the denominator and Desy is working hard to try and explain it. But I don't understand a lot of what you're saying. I've made three tables so far, r=1, r=2, r=3. And i have the rows in one column and the denominator in the other column. I can put this into the calculator and get three equations for each diagonal or slant. But how do i make this one equation for all three diagonals or all diagonals? And how do I put En® into the formula?

And another question, for that actual portfolio, do I have to answer the questions in the order that they are? I know this is a kinda dumb question because they are already in the order I would use, but is it possible?

Okay I figured out the general statement finally, but how do I make the statement "for En®" I know how to use the n and r but how do I use the E. Is that the "y=" part?

And at the end it says Explain how you arrived at your general statement after discussing the limitations, but I thought I was supposed to be explaining that the whole time while I was finding it. Do I need to summarize it or re-explain it at the end?

Edited by maxandchris

Okay I figured out the general statement finally, but how do I make the statement "for En®" I know how to use the n and r but how do I use the E. Is that the "y=" part?

And at the end it says Explain how you arrived at your general statement after discussing the limitations, but I thought I was supposed to be explaining that the whole time while I was finding it. Do I need to summarize it or re-explain it at the end?

You summarize and re-explain what you've done to get to your general statement (in words).

for each r, you create one GS in terms of n. and then you'll get something like:

D=an2+bn+c

but with different coefficients/constants. now you are to generalise each of a,b,c. make an equation of each in terms of r.

yes generally you do need to follow the order of questions in the task.

En( r) is basically just (equation of numerator)/(equation of denominator)

yes throughout the working you need to explain your steps; and at the end just briefly summarise your method.

Hi everyone,

I am given the portfolio assignment and thankfully it isn't that hard. But, I have trouble explaining it. By looking at the numbers, I've noticed that the numerator increases by 1 than the previous number. What I meant is, in the 3rd row the numerator is 6 and it increases by four and becomes 10 in the next one. Then, 10 increases by five and becomes 15 in the 5th row. However, it seems to me that my explanation is sort of awkward. So I decided to ask you guys how you would explain it.

I am attaching the portfolio method. Thanks in advance for your help! =)

I've had this assignment too. For the general statement of the numerator and row number relationship I got a(n)=n(n+1) / 2 . I put it in the graphing calculator under STAT, and calculated the quad. regression.

I dont understand how exactly the quadratic regression helped you get the general statement of the numerator and row relationship. I have the quadratic regression in the form of ax^2 + bx + c. Could you just please help me out here and tell me how to use this?