Type I - Lacsap's Fractions

vivo per lei

OK SO. I'm getting a quadratic regression now but it's not passing through any of the points....is that what others got, too? :S

EDIT: Also, should I include all my mistakes in the portfolio, as part of the process...? o_o I've made many, I'm pretty much starting over again..

Edited by hehe_lalalala

YO ARSLAN !! how do i find it . i am have a hard time. its amet ! .. I found the equation for the numerator ! but how do i find the equation for the DENOMINATOR :( !

I tried plotting 1,2,3,7,11,16 with - 1,2,3,4,5,6 BUT ! but how do i find the equation of that ? .. and what should i plot it till ? the E(4) . PLEASE HELP , its due tommorrow and i dont have anything !

why do you have 1? the denominator for the 1s at the edges is not 1 you know. remove the 1 and you'll get the right answer. till you have at least 5 different equations.

(Edited) - i found 5 equations, but they are not nice numbers ? they are in decimals.. now what ? how do i generalize them ?? am i doing it right ? i found equations that look like -- ( RANDOM NUMBERS ) 0.21212x^2+0111x+2.1111 ! what do i do with these 5 equations ? PLEASE HELP !

you did it wrong because you included a 1.

I found a gs for the denominator, but it's not giving me the right results.. :(

you must've made a mistake. if you want me to go through it to point out your mistake, message me and I'll give you my email address. when's it due?

Took me three hours to do it...but I've finally got the answer.

It's such a lovely question because once you do solve it, you realize why its named LACSAP's fractions...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

ahaha I don't really get why it's named lacsap's tbh except because the pattern in each row is reversed. mathematically, no I don't see why. could you enlighten me? message me, perhaps? for the sake of my knowledge :blum:

Okay, so once I plot En(1) against n etc., how am I supposed to use the graph?

find the regression.

hey this really helped me thx everyone. I just wanted to know, Desy Glau, how do you make that awesome spinning like crazy smiley face thing

glad to have helped! ahaha, though it seems that you've figured it out, in case if anyone else is wondering the code is

: panic :

without spaces like :panic:

• Like 1

Could someone help me with the technology part of my portfolio? it's the lascap's triangle investigation, I have no idea how to put technology into it other than with GDC regression and excel graphing, which is not enough. My teacher says to use things on the GDC that we haven't learned yet, if you know please just point me to the right direciton, i am not asking for answers. thank you.

Could someone help me with the technology part of my portfolio? it's the lascap's triangle investigation, I have no idea how to put technology into it other than with GDC regression and excel graphing, which is not enough. My teacher says to use things on the GDC that we haven't learned yet, if you know please just point me to the right direciton, i am not asking for answers. thank you.

all I can see that can be used in this paper is just regression and graphing. there's no other way that I know of in which we could use the calculator in the development of the task. sorry for not being very helpful! perhaps if your teacher could give you more hints (what you use it for, in which part, what feature that is) I could help you guess the feature.

do we need to use **** in order to get a good mark?

or is the simply use of quadratic regressions just fine.....

graphical method is totally fine since it's an SL paper, but if you want to get full marks or to amaze your teacher, well go for a more mathematical method like what you mentioned.