IB Class of 2013: advice, expectations?

For now I don't really have that much. Actually I have to write some design for bio for tomorrow and that's it (however, i'm not really sure how to do it :P).

On Monday and Thursday I leave home at 7am and come back at 7pm, sooo...we'll see if I'm gonna survive :P.

Speaking of syllabys being changed - I asked my Polish teacher whether we have Lang&Lit or just Lit and she said that for now only Lit is availible in Poland and that generally there are only several languages in the world that have this distinction, weird.

For now I don't really have that much. Actually I have to write some design for bio for tomorrow and that's it (however, i'm not really sure how to do it :P).

On Monday and Thursday I leave home at 7am and come back at 7pm, sooo...we'll see if I'm gonna survive :P.

Speaking of syllabys being changed - I asked my Polish teacher whether we have Lang&Lit or just Lit and she said that for now only Lit is availible in Poland and that generally there are only several languages in the world that have this distinction, weird.

Then your teacher is just wrong cause we're doing Polish Lang&Lit. :)

And IB isn't killing me either. I just love my Psych teacher, she totally rocks. :D

Well i'm in IB2 now (finally!) and it's been a pretty rough ride. My advice is to really learn how to manage your time. DO your assignments early so that you have time to do other assignments and study for any upcoming tests. Start searching for a subject you wish to do your EE on and get everything ready so by the time it's time to start your EE, you have an idea of what you want to do. When its time for your TOK essay, do it early and finish it up early, leaving you time to study for your mocks (if you do them in your school). Also, you won't start feeling the pressure of deadlines until you reach IB2 in my opinion. And, choose subjects that you're comfortable with :) I made the mistake of taking Maths SL and ended getting stuck with the worst teacher! :bawling: Best of luck XD

I am starting the IB on monday. My subjects will be HL English A1, History and Biology and SL Maths, French B and Anthropology. Really can't wait actually, though it'll be a lot of work! I have 25 hours of lessons each week, plus up to 90 minutes of tutorial, an extra 100 minute anthropology lesson for the first four weeks, and possibly 100 minutes of in-college enrichment for CAS, although I can choose not to do this and take out of college activities instead if I want. Also have a trip on friday to have 'a practical introduction to ecological surveying' for Biology, sounds ominous I hope we all do well and have a great time for the next two years!

What is a college enrichment for CAS? :D We don't do anything like this at our school. I'm actually going to have my first real TOK lesson tomorrow and I'm kinda scared. But I loved History, it's so much more interesting than the constant focusing on Poland. Don't get me wrong, it's my country and I love it, but if I had to study Mieszko I for, like, the 4th time in my life, I'd literally scram. We took Austrian Empire which was fascinating since I've never really known anything about Austria, let alone Austrian history. I thought it would be dead boring but, actually, I totally loved it.

But Maths is definitely a bigger challenge than I thought it would be but I decided not to drop to Studies and just work harder and practice more. But I'm really enjoying Chem. It's such a pleasure!

Well, I'm actually still f.cking around :P.

I have Maths in Polish, the guy says we don't want to hear him speaking English, yep.

I love Fridays :P. I have two hours of French ab initio, which is like 2 hours of doing nothing for me :P and then two hours of TOK ;). But I heard that the schedule's gonna change next week, I hope though Fridays will be the same.

I'm a second year IB student. When I think of advice this is what comes to mind

When choosing your IB courses make sure your HLs are subjects you are good at and interested in as you will probably write your EE in a topic pertaining to one of your HL classes.

I definitely chose my HLs very well, they're all great. My SLs are okay though I'm not so fond of them. Chemistry is fine, I like it, but Polish is definitely not my cup of tea, I so don't give a damn about what an author wanted to tell me through his poem. God, couldn't he just write it in an understandable way?! So you don't have to read and reread it for an hour just to get some sense out of it? And Maths is challenging. More challenging, actually, than it has ever been but I'm not going to drop to studies. I'm going to carry on with sequences and sums of sequences, it's going to be fine. :)

Hello everyone. After two weeks of the school my conclusions are as follows:

-Polish is one of my favorites subjects, mostly because I love my teacher so much. I also appreciate the literature we have to read. But I am not going to have it on HL because papers are marked very strictly and only 2 people at my school have had 7's in its history. It shows what I said.

-My English teacher is the most boring person in the world. She also knows very little about IB at all. That is why I am so scared about my exams and grades. The second weird thing is that in my schedule I have 5 hours of both languages - Polish and English, no matter on which level I have them.

-Because I feel quite strong in Maths during the first year of IB I learn it on HL. But I need additional lessons to do all the exercises. Everyday I think about doing SL instead.

-Biology on SL is just a piece of cake, I have counted with my friend that to prepare to exams we will need only about 30 hours of work with 'the study guide'. I won't even open my students book. Similarly with geography.

Summing up I think that I will have a huuuge work with history, every lecture (I have two 3hours lectures every week) is about 5 sheets of paper.

Everything doing fine right now. I'm very happy that we chose The Clockwork Orange as our lecture :) However in two days we're starting an analysis of Mr. Bulchakov's Master and Margaret. The pace of work is very favourable and I'm sooo fond of my subjects chosen :)) Yet, it's only the 3rd week. I guess when it comes to first REAL work, everything will seem less appealing to me :D

EDIT: I'm talking about Polish A1 ofc. :)

Edited by Bartosz jez

Everything doing fine right now. I'm very happy that we chose The Clockwork Orange as our lecture :) However in two days we're starting an analysis of Mr. Bulchakov's Master and Margaret. The pace of work is very favourable and I'm sooo fond of my subjects chosen :)) Yet, it's only the 3rd week. I guess when it comes to first REAL work, everything will seem less appealing to me :D

EDIT: I'm talking about Polish A1 ofc. :)

Shouldn't you have now like some texts for OP? And those titles look like World Litterature ;).