IB Class of 2013: advice, expectations?

Not to do such a big off-top: I lost my excitement for IB... I was so excited in, like, July, and now, when I only have a week left to start,

me too.

Though I don't have my schedule as yet.

But when I checked the last year one for my subjects on Wednesday I would have 2 hours from 8am and then a few hours of break, 2 hours again and finish sth like 4/5pm :P. And I don't live in the city where I learn and even though it was sth like 4/5 h of break it would be a waste of time to come back home.\

Girls, if you'd be interested I made a Polish forum for IB, you can send me pm. But for now I have 0 members except for me :D.

I'm kinda nervous/excited

I don't know what to expect, but so far, so good

And for now, I don't really care, as said, I lost all the enthusiasm :P. That's bad. I can sleep less and work harder when I'm really enthusiastic. It lasts 1 or 2 months but still it'd be good enough :P.

(You have nice bike! :))

Okay, I'll just rewrite mine, cause it's kinda difficult to read if you don't know the initials of my teachers. :D

Monday (8am-3pm): 2xChemistry, 2xEnglish, 2xMaths and 2xHistory

Tuesday (9.40am - 2.10 pm - weirdest day of all) - 2xEnglish, 2 free hours, 1xMaths

Wednesday (9.40 am - 4.45pm): 2xPolish, 1xMaths, 1x Lesson with my class' teacher, 2xTOK, 2xPsychology

Thursday (8am-3pm): 2xChemistry, 2xHistory, 2xEnglish, 2xPsychology

Friday (9.40am-4.45pm): 2xPsychology, 2xPolish, 1 free hour, 1xEnglish Communication, 2xHistory

I totally hate Fridays. 4.45 is kinda late to finish lessons just before the weekend starts...

I don't have my timetable yet, but with Psychology it's the same every year... Cause the teacher is working on the University and so on... But I hope it won't be on Fridays...

There are many of us from Poland here and I was wondering...Maybe you know how looks our school report after 1st year? I mean, it's not similar to the one we normally get in Polish system, is it? :) Or maybe there's no such a thing?

It's madness with teachers who also work at university. That's why I have such a mad timetable, with 4.45 ending. Both my History and Psych teacher are from university. Biology HL group has 4 bio lessons on Wednesday because of the teacher working at uni. I only hope that uni teachers are at least a bit better than regular high school teachers. I know that the Psych and Bio teachers are very good, I don't know about the History one cause he's new.

I don't have my timetable yet, but with Psychology it's the same every year... Cause the teacher is working on the University and so on... But I hope it won't be on Fridays...

There are many of us from Poland here and I was wondering...Maybe you know how looks our school report after 1st year? I mean, it's not similar to the one we normally get in Polish system, is it? :) Or maybe there's no such a thing?

I think we get some piece of paper with our grades, but not the usual one. :)

About the report - if you are in the public school your grades during the second year will be normally from 1 to 6, and you will get the same document as the year before but with 6 subjects (8 if you have ethics and PE). But I do not know how it works in private schools.

Gaby - i really like your timetable, you can use those 2 hours on Tuesday to do CAS activities without loosing your time in the evening or just skip this one maths lesson sometimes :)

I will have my timetable till Monday I think, this week is something like organising one, teachers are already at school. I try to be in touch with everything because of my desire to be a part of school's Senat as far as possible! Do you have any plans for additional activities like that?

I was the head of our school's Law Firm, hope it will stay this way though it needs some serious changes in structure etc. I guess I'll have a lot to do. And this 2 hours will probably be spent on doing homework rather than anything connected to CAS though I guess I'll schedule my English lessons for Tuesday. I also have to find time to squeeze in some French. :D

At my school I think we don't get a normal report.

Who cares about school's reports? ;) We're gonna start IB soon! :) I can't wait (yea, I know I'll talk something completely different after some time...)

And Gaby your timetable is very good... I know that previous classes had in our school sometimes TOK lessons durign Saturdays... (o.O)

I can (most likely) choose which one of two options of TOK hours I want. Cause there is TOK on Tuesday from 2.15 to 3..55 and TOK on Wednesday I'll most likely be taking. I prefer to have an early afternoon on Tuesday than 2 free hours before Psych on Wednesday.

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site :) After getting my GCSE results, I've decided to take IB at my school. My year will be the first year for the school, which despite everyone telling me it's a reason to not take it, I've gone with my heart and decided to take IB. I'm in the Class of 2013 also. I have a slight dilemma over what to take though:

HL

English

Business

Maths/French

SL

Maths/French

Environmental Systems/Biology

Psychology

Just how hard is Maths at HL? I swanned my way to an A* at GCSE (yes, it's completely different, I know that), and I enjoy Maths. However, my heart is with English. Plus I'd rather take Maths than French to a higher level.

Same with Biology? How hard is it at SL compared to Env. Systems? Because I feel I could tackle it, but again science isn't something I enjoy. I just think that if there isn't too much in it, I may as well take Biology than Env. Systems.

I'm really looking forward to the challenge of it though :D This site looks invaluable to me for the next two years.

Hi everyone, I'm new on this site :) After getting my GCSE results, I've decided to take IB at my school. My year will be the first year for the school, which despite everyone telling me it's a reason to not take it, I've gone with my heart and decided to take IB. I'm in the Class of 2013 also. I have a slight dilemma over what to take though:

HL

English

Business

Maths/French

SL

Maths/French

Psychology

Just how hard is Maths at HL? I swanned my way to an A* at GCSE (yes, it's completely different, I know that), and I enjoy Maths. However, my heart is with English. Plus I'd rather take Maths than French to a higher level.

Same with Biology? How hard is it at SL compared to Env. Systems? Because I feel I could tackle it, but again science isn't something I enjoy. I just think that if there isn't too much in it, I may as well take Biology than Env. Systems.

I'm really looking forward to the challenge of it though :D This site looks invaluable to me for the next two years.

My advice? If you like Math, are willing to work for it, take it! And if you're not keen on Biology, take Environmental. You will need the extra time to focus on Math HL, and no university will think less of you if you take environmental, as you already have Math HL! :)

HL

English

Business

Maths/French

SL

Maths/French

Psychology

I was told that French HL was more for those who were partly French or had prior experience with the language? I may be wrong of course. :)

I've been doing IB since August 1 and as I dawn on September 1, it seems to me that the biggest difficulty of the program is not the intensity of the work, it is the workload. I don't have too many problems with what I'm learning but it seems to me that the biggest problem is keeping track with what I'm learning, studying it and doing the assignments before 9 PM! My sister did the program a few years ago and passed with a 33. Her own advice of being sure to not do the work at the last minute has echoed my own experience. It's just so difficult not putting off the assignments until nighttime! :P

I'm new as well :D

So far, I'm loving most of my classes- with a big exception... SPANISH. But that's because of the teacher!

And we get a cool benefit in my school- unlimited coffee and tea all day long. I'm so cheerful and awake in class now ;)

I'm working on a signature right now, but my subjects are:

English HL Language & Literature

Spanish HL Language & Literature

Geo HL

Math Studies SL

Chemistry SL

Visual Arts SL