What is your least favourite IB class and why?

AirenMaxence

• 2 weeks later...

I abhor English class for similar reasons posted by "whatisreality". However, in my case, I just cannot stand the majority of the books required by IB to read. Although yes, I do find some of the analytic interpretaions of a couple of the works fascinating, I simply cannot thrust myself into something that I simply do not have an interest for. Other than that though, I do enjoy the class in terms of the grammatical and stylistic tools used in writing.

In stark contrast, my favorite classes are math and science! :D

I LOVE chem, everyone hates and I get super excited when I go to chem. BIO is also a favorite and math has to be my least favorite because .. I dont like numbers lol and I dont do well with the tests mainly because I just dont find it engaging like the sciences. Theres nothing to investigate, nothing to be curious about, nothing to keep me thinking! It just gets me annoyed -.-

I have to say I am not a fan of ToK. Nobody in our IB takes it seriously and when we open it up on discussion, if you talk and actually discuss everyone attacks you for opening your mouth. I dont llike it because I dont like the way it is conducted really.

My least favorite subject is English A1. I love reading and analyzing literature, but things like IOP's are just annoying. Math is actually my favorite even though most people seem to hate it :P It's definitely applicable to many things. Even though learning sciences in IB is quite different from learning Math in IB, of course Math does go hand in hand with sciences.

I change whatever I wrote before and replace it with English A1 HL. It is the only subject where I have 0% hope of getting a 7 in. I will call it a miracle if I get a 6, and be more than happy with a 5.

It's an interesting subject, but taking it as a class is definitely not pleasant. Especially not when it's IB. Writing on the spot makes me extremely nervous. I feel like I spend the first and last 15 minutes of an exam hyperventilating. (Our mock exams are 1 hour per essay/commentary)

Edited by SmilingAtLife:)

Language A1 HL (Lithuanian for me) and Biology SL.

Biology is generally a boring area for me, therefore studying for it is a pain in the a**. Only picked it, because I had to pick a G4 subject and Biology is the easiest one.

Language A1 - in my opinion, Literature studies, at least in school, are a load of BS. Anything you see, can be interpreted any freaking way you want, just find proper evidence (which can also be anything, just look it at the right angle). BS'ing for this subject for 2 years is not much fun therefore it is also a torture in my gluteus maximus.

Maths studies definitely! :o

Weirdly enough, only because it is ridiculously easy and after every class I really felt dumbed down.

It took the teacher and the class 2 weeks to understand what a box plot is. -.- (and i'm not sure if they still understand..)

With me it fluctuates a bit because sometimes we do units that I really hate in certain classes but other times we do units that i'm good at.

If you count TOK then I would definitely say TOK. I ended up with the harshest TOK teacher in the school. I will probably NEVER use anything i've learned in that class ever again because I don't want to be a philosopher. Although it can be interesting at times, I would much rather have a free period. Also, it's the class I have the most 5s in, whereas in other classes I have steady 6s and 7s.