What is your least favourite IB class and why?

AirenMaxence

MATH! Everything we learn are so irrelevant. when would I ever apply the derivative to anything?!?! Plus paper 1, no calcuator, it's about understanding of maths not how fast you can calculate mentally! I guess i've grown too attached to my Texas instrument.

ADMIN Edit:

please do not post 1 word posts like this one. They will be deleted. If you do see 1 word posts anywhere on the forum but chat, please report them :D

Edited by AirenMaxence
  • Like 1

In the past, I probably would have said history, but looking back on it that class at least kept my attention; the only reason I didn't like it at the time was because my teacher graded rather hard and I was honestly expecting a 5 or even a 4 in History HL, and thus I thought the course was a lot harder than it actually was.

Thinking about it now, I'd have to say Biology. To be perfectly honest, it just bored me, and I found it very difficult to pay attention because I really, really didn't care. Which is probably why I didn't do all that great, in retrospect. :D

Chemistry!

Very boring indeed,

I always feel sleepy in chem class

The teacher never explains clearly, and I usually dont understand what she is talking about

We conduct experiments every week. which means that we would have to do LAB REPORTS every week! duh!

Or could even be 2 lab reports per week (the first draft of the latter exp; the final draft of the prev week exp)

I dun like chem class. and indeed I really enjoy the other classes

Chemistry!

Very boring indeed,

I always feel sleepy in chem class

The teacher never explains clearly, and I usually dont understand what she is talking about

We conduct experiments every week. which means that we would have to do LAB REPORTS every week! duh!

Or could even be 2 lab reports per week (the first draft of the latter exp; the final draft of the prev week exp)

I dun like chem class. and indeed I really enjoy the other classes

If your teacher makes you do 1 or 2 lab reports every week then she seriously is wasting your time. You only need a few lab reports to tick the boxes of the IA requirements. Either your IB school is inexperienced or your teacher is taking the piss.

I know right!!

My chem teacher IS the one who is inexperienced! she used to teach A Levels and she is new in my school. she actually told us that we are doing many experiments so that we have more choices of IAs to send to the IBO. as in, the more we do, there might be some good ones apart from the bad ones, so we will send the best ones to IBO. but cmon lar, that's really a waste of time. and energy. and paper. and ink. haha :D

and as a conclusion, I hate chemistry class x(

Probably HL English Lit for the sheer slow dragging death of it. I've never sat for so many hours of clock-watching. Our teachers were extremely attentive so it was 2 years of SILENCE. So many hours of my life gone :)

The worst taught subjects/hardest subjects were at least mildly engaging or teachers didn't care if you chatted @____@

Alright girls and boys, this looks to me like post count increase Heaven. To avoid this for greedy VIP status seekers, how about we change the thread topic to which subject and why. That way it's actually a discussion (as the forum suggests it be) and no a one word posting fiesta!

Thankies

I like all my subjects to a degree.

But in terms of the course, I would definitely have to say History HL. I just find it boring, probably because I had a really bad teacher at the start of IB1 who spent nearly half the year teaching us about the French Revolution when we didn't even need to do it (the reason we studied it was because he liked Marie Antoinette. I'm not even kidding). So now we're rushing 4 topics for paper 3, two of which we have only half done (we spent one hour on Italian unification for the Italian/German unification option), and rushing all the other topics as a result. And it's not that engaging, just a lot of reading. And it is taking up all my study time for exams which are in 5-ish weeks :/ But I LOVE my teacher who took over from the crap one, so I enjoy the class but not the course if that makes sense?

Edited by laryxle