HL Maths Paper 2

scstdnt

Nope - doing Discrete. Anyone doing that? =]

I hate that the fact I'm having to rely on a god-send for paper 3 :bawling:

I'm doing discrete too! Yay for easy graph theory! Easy points! Number theory is sometimes pretty tricky, though...

well, tbh, graph theory is pretty hard to get a full marks. you miss some points in a random place!

but number theory, as long as you know the theory, it is perfectly fine.

I'm doing discrete too! Yay for easy graph theory! Easy points! Number theory is sometimes pretty tricky, though...

well, tbh, graph theory is pretty hard to get a full marks. you miss some points in a random place!

but number theory, as long as you know the theory, it is perfectly fine.

I don't know, I agree with soadquake981, the graph theory can be like a 7 mark question to do Prim's or something. As long as you're focussing, then those should be easy marks.

But of course, for anyone, marks can be lost due to carelessness. I really can't afford that though, if I want my 5!

I got really excited to see you guys doing Discrete too, my maths teacher said that hardly anyone else does it!! XP

It's the proofs I'm nervous about.

I neither finished Paper 1 nor Paper 2 (TZ2) :[ and i don't even know whether P2 was much better... luckily I got 7s on my portfolios (if they don't downgrade them :)). Our option is "Sets and Relations", anyone doing that? First I thought it's really abstract and tough, but I'm now starting to get the routine and hoping it'll be gooood so it can sort of save me...

Math P1 TZ2 felt like a killer for me. I answered all the section A questions, although not sure about the correctness of them :). The section B was an absolute disaster, I only felt semi-good about one of the questions and that was the complex numbers one. I didn't even attempt the last question. The vectors question, with all the proofs was also not very good and I didn't finish the induction on the first section B. In conclusion, on wednesday I felt like I had failed math. Well not actually fail but like 5 - maybe low 6 fail.

Math P2 was a lot better. Very unusual because I usually do better on P1. But this time I didn't run out of time, I was able to answer every single question, every part of every section B. Mje, for me, paper 2 was like a present from God. This one felt like a 100+ although I won't speak too quickly, you never know. So now off to P3 which is statistics and probability. Hopefully I can still get that 7 :).

Just to check some answers, cuz now we can discuss the test, what did u guys get for k and theta on the circle with infinite sectors? Also, if you remember, what did you guys get on the volume of revolution question?

(Also, am I being really silly...or has the paper 1 topic gone?)

I just found the posts for that topic in an English A1 thread ;)

The topic itslef is lost somewhere lol

Aha...I thought I saw that. I swore that I hadn't written maths stuff in the English thread, I thought that all these exams had gotten to me.

Possibly a small bug or something on this system. At least I know I haven't gone too crazy under the stress haha ;)

From what it sounds like, Nickel_Cadmium, it sounds like you've done pretty well so far. Being able to answer all the questions, especially in the first paper, will get you most marks even if you didn't get them totally correct. What with method marks and all. And from the reaction of many people I know [including me], the boundaries [i pray] will be low anyway! Good luck though! :)

Edited by hanniexx

And from the reaction of many people I know [including me], the boundaries [i pray] will be low anyway! Good luck though! ;)

I agree, let`s pray....last friday was the first chapel in my life i wanted to go there to pray that they will lower the mark boundaries for maths ( a bit lame to admit that bit it`s true )

good luck everybody ;)

<P>I'm doing Statistics and Probability.</P>

same, i really hate my teacher for choosing this seriously. NO ONE in my class understands it and we never had time to do practice papers. i am screwed basically, if i manage to get a 4 overall i will be very VERY lucky!

same, i really hate my teacher for choosing this seriously. NO ONE in my class understands it and we never had time to do practice papers. i am screwed basically, if i manage to get a 4 overall i will be very VERY lucky!

same here. teachers are really annoying when they choose an option in which their students will certainly fail!

if i got 3 then that soooo gooood! ;)

same here. teachers are really annoying when they choose an option in which their students will certainly fail!

if i got 3 then that soooo gooood! ;)

My teacher chose "Set and group" and he said it's the easiest option...the problem is we finished the option in only 2 weeks which make most of our class don't understand anything...and paper 3 is now my only hope ;)

How did you guys find paper 2 for HL maths?

I found it to be similar to paper 1 in difficulty...very tough again. Very far from finishing. (I did TZ2)

What do you guys think?

I did like 50-60% of P1(TZ2) and 30-40% in P2. P1 really was hell, it was more difficult than any other P1 from the previous years.

On the other hand P2 was easier that the previous ones, but it still was very difficult. How did you do, like how much did you manage to solve?

The last two questions on P1 Section B was worth 31 marks I think. I just know I lost all of that plus the vector algebra stuff :) I didn't even get the simple conjecture on the first question in Section B ;) I agree with the person above, that paper was HELL! =( I wish I just get a 4. I would be shocked if I do, damn. Paper 2, very doable but then again you don't know IB d-_-b You think you did well coz you got to answer most of the questions and then you get sucker punched for thinking too much and end up failing. Sigh ;)