HL Maths Paper 2

scstdnt

How did everyone find it?

I've heard mixed responses, but for me it was just as hard as Paper 1...!

Also, I felt I didn't have enough time - and that wasn't bad time keeping, there was just a lot of thought needed in some questions and not enough time was given. Anyone else find that?

I found this to be the same difficulty as P1 overall, but it needed better time management than P1. There were the difficult question at the end of section A then there were a couple easy ones in section B. So the 5 minutes of reading time were very helpful to plan out what I'm going to do (questions to leave till the end, easier quick questions, etc.)

I wasn't sure how to approach the binomial question (TZ2). Did you have to use the formal nCr = n!/r!(n-r)! to be able to simplify it in part A?

(Also, am I being really silly...or has the paper 1 topic gone?)

Edited by hanniexx

i think it is relatively way easier than paper 1. I screwed up on paper 1 making stupid mistakes on section B that will probably costs me 15 points :bawling: but i aced paper 2 ..hopefully since i manage to do every question on time and double check almost everything. its kinda fun actually

I did TZ1. Here's my impressions:

Paper 1 - completely ridiculous.

Paper 2 - completely doable! :bawling:

There was one problem about the properties of matrix multiplication that I didn't like. Also, the question about finding the volume of a pyramid formed by vectors was kind of weird. I thought the sub-questions were out of order.

I wasn't sure how to approach the binomial question (TZ2). Did you have to use the formal nCr = n!/r!(n-r)! to be able to simplify it in part A?(Also, am I being really silly...or has the paper 1 topic gone?)

I can't find the P1 topic either. :bawling:

i think it is relatively way easier than paper 1. I screwed up on paper 1 making stupid mistakes on section B that will probably costs me 15 points :( but i aced paper 2 ..hopefully since i manage to do every question on time and double check almost everything. its kinda fun actually

IMO losing only 15 points on Paper 1 is amazing, and "acing" P2 too. wow :P

I agree with soadquake981. P2 wasn't that hard at all, but there was just a lack of time. When I started, I immediately began on Section B so I wouldn't leave it to the end, and so I ended up not doing 2 Part A questions and most of the Question 14 I think it was on B.

Okay paper 1 was utter ... yeah you guys should know what I mean. Thinking how I would be amazed with a 4 on that paper d0_0b On the other hand, paper 2 was not that bad. I agree that it was completely doable. Hopefully paper 3 will be a heaven sent gift and not a hell sent one like P1 d-_-b. All eyes set on the last paper now. :bawling:

Yeah, I only thought Paper 2 was a tad bit better than Paper 1. I don't understand how I could do like all of the May 08 exams and most of the November 09 exam and then fail the real thing.

Luckily, I get a whole week to study for Paper 3 (the only silver lining to the fact that I have english, physics, history and chem next week. X_X)

How many of you guys are doing the Series option?

Yeah, I only thought Paper 2 was a tad bit better than Paper 1. I don't understand how I could do like all of the May 08 exams and most of the November 09 exam and then fail the real thing.

Luckily, I get a whole week to study for Paper 3 (the only silver lining to the fact that I have english, physics, history and chem next week. X_X)

How many of you guys are doing the Series option?

Same, doing the Series and Differential Equations one. I believe its somewhat a better option than the rest don't you think?

Nope - doing Discrete. Anyone doing that? =]

I hate that the fact I'm having to rely on a god-send for paper 3 :P

We all are relying on that :( At times like this, I really wish I was a nerd :bawling:

I think I'm utterly screwed because I've never done very well on Practice Paper 3s. As for the option itself, I just fail at Taylor/Maclaurin + Power Series. As well as finding limits w/ substitution. The infinite series tests are generally okay.

I'll have to pretend it's a unit test and study like crazy for it to salvage my math score..