CAS diary/reflections/presentation

Lil

We never had to do one, and whatever you do, it won't affect your grade at all.

Maybe just have a slide show of pictures through out CAS? I always associate CAS with tons of piccies because I like to keep a record of the whole thing.

Like Aboo said, a slideshow is pretty good. Add music to it in the background, and you have a visual, moving presentation. People always present trips they went on or charitable things they did in our school assemblies, it always works.

You can decide to either show the entire slide show first, and then talk about it. This is good if you have an emotional song or something, then everyone listens to you afterwards. But then your presentation has to be serious, otherwise it ruins the mood. Or you can lower the volume on the song, show each slide and talk about it as it's being shown. You can make it funny, but the song should probably be slow and relaxing. Otherwise your rhythm of speaking and the song won't complement each other.

You can also try a skit, but I hardly ever laugh at skits that people do, especially if they try to make them funny. And people won't get any inside jokes you might have about your CAS events.

We dont have to do any kind of presentation here in Canada. Once our activities are completed, we just put them in a portfolio at the end of the year. Instead you could make a scrapbook? With pictures and your thoughts of your creative activities. It is more time consuming than a slide show, but I think the result will be better.

We have to do CAS presentations.

Ours will be individual and we have to talk about what we did, what we gained from it and how it was useful and so on..

We will have to perform it in front of all teachers and parents.. thats not my favourite thing to do :angry:

Edited by Capa

We have to do CAS presentations.

Ours will be individual and we have to talk about what we did, what we gained from it and how it was useful and so on..

We will have to perform it in front of all teachers and parents.. thats not my favourite thing to do :angry:

Well, as an IB student, you should take this positively. Remember, one of the IB learner's profile is 'Positive Thinker' :P

In my school, I don't think we have to do CAS presentation as the teacher didn't mention anything. An advice to you, if you really feel that CAS has benefited you, then you shouldn't have problem to say it out. Tell to the people about how CAS has play a role in building what you are right now.

You can do it. Sometimes it is good to feel worry. It shows that you care about it.

• 1 month later...

Why would IB care to read 10 messily written sheets of reflections for each student? And what do you get from doing these reflection sheets? They don't mark them... Is it just to prove you did the activity? I've filled out some really bad reflections but that doesn't mean I didn't do the activity :/

Teacher Luncheon:

How did this activity benefit others? Teachers got food.

Why would IB care to read 10 messily written sheets of reflections for each student? And what do you get from doing these reflection sheets? They don't mark them... Is it just to prove you did the activity? I've filled out some really bad reflections but that doesn't mean I didn't do the activity :/

Teacher Luncheon:

How did this activity benefit others? Teachers got food.

I don't know if IB actually reads your reflections, but do know that at the end of your IB course you will have to write an essay reflecting on CAS. IMO the reflections that the teachers are making you do are just going to help you write that essay.

• 2 months later...

well in our school, we have reflection papers to be filled after every activity. we dont describe everything we did but

what we learned, how we interacted, what we will do different if we tried it twice, and how we showed leadership in it.

it is used to track hours and to document too. we have 3 reflection papers together with a documentation part where we are instructed to

put pictures

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CAS journal structure?

1) introduce your activity +explain it

2) Reason of choice of the activity ---> goals you wanted to achieve before starting the activvity

3) Any difficulties you faced while doing the activity

4) Anyone helped you through these diffculties?How did you overcome them ?

5) Were you successfull in achieving your goals - after completing the activity?

6) Did you wish anything to be different?

7) How do you feel you have benifited from the activity ?

That's how they taught us to do it ..

wow I was lukin fr smthing like dis thanks alt