How many people in your classes?

Abu

i'm jealous of small class sizes too

our largest class is 60 kids so we've got this massive classroom.

our chemistry class is like 50 kids and that's only 2/3 cause they split us up. but we have so many people that we use up two classrooms (it's one of those double rooms that have a curtain that you can push aside).

my school's pretty big though, it's got 2000 kids gr10-12 :)

WOAH 60 kids!

Is it because there arent enough teachers or not enough classrooms?

The max. in my class is around 30, and we've got around 3000 people, but only like 650+ take the IB, the rest are juniors.

And I totally agree that smaller classes are much better. I would love to be in a classroom with less than 20 people for once lol.

Edited by tournedos

I have 30 ppl overall in my IB1 class. It's not great to be honest with you. It's freaking hard to get in the top 10%, right now i'm in the top 25%.

Haha, true. But in that type of setting I would learn better, and I'm very sure I could get into the top 10%, since right now I'm in the top 3%. However, I don't think universities would look down on the fact that you aren't in the top 10% considering your competition. :angryspeech:

Guest syrianstar

Our school just started IB this year so our classes are really small - we only have 4 full IB students and the rest are all IB certificates.

Chemistry (SL) - 4 (although one is a 12th grader doing extra chem to collect credits)

English (SL) - 10

Maths (SL) - 8

Art (SL) - 2 (!)

Biology (HL) 6 (+3 12th graders collecting credits)

Economics - 11

Arabic - 7

And thats about it!

We have about 1000 people in the program and maybe 30 in each class. My smallest class is Chem HL and it has 15 students.

Even though there aren't many students in our smallest class, I still feel as though the teaching isn't any different from my largest class of around 35 students.

Then again, I'm an independent learner and by no means an over achiever.

• 1 month later...

Whole class: 9

Swedish A1: 8

English A2: 8

B&M: 1 [i'm alone!]

Psychology: 6

History: 5

Biology: 6

Chemistry: 6

Maths Studies: 7

Maths SL+HL: 2

German B: 1 [i'm alone here too]

French B: 3

...and someone mentioned above that you were 1000 students in the programme! Amazing, I must say, we're 40 (and that includes the PreDP students!)

Edited by QueenSara

Guest snowjennifer118

why a lot of the classes are mixed up? In my school, I only have my English B class mixed up with HLs and SLs.

English:15

Chemistry HL: 8

Maths HL: 8

Economics HL: 14 approx.**(cannot remember exactly..)

Chinese A1: 8

Physics: 10

my whoooole generation consists of 10 people. so, my classes are mainly of 10 people, except for group 4, where 6 of us are in chemistry and 4 are in physics. hooray for the fact that my school only offers 7 subjects (spanish a1 hl, english a2hl, history hl, chem sl, physics sl, maths sl and visual arts sl) and they dont even let us choose the level. i guess thats the price for being in a reaaaaally small generation, just because everybody else is sort of scared of taking IB

my school is new and this is the first year they offer IB soo we are a small group..the whole class of 2009 including IB and non-IB students is made up of 20 students!!

Soo our classes are small but we have no choices in our classes except between chem and visual arts

Chemistry SL: 3 students

Visual Arts: 2 students

Biology HL: 6 students

Math SL: 8 students

Arabic A2 HL: 7 students

English A1 SL: 10 students

Economics HL: 11 students

TOK: 4 students (indicating that we have only 4 full IB students)