How many people in your classes?

Abu

• 2 weeks later...
dang, you guys are lucky with such small classes.

At my school you take all classes at HL level (except for math, which is SL in my case) and we have some classes reaching 30 kids.

During IB2 you get to choose which 3 (or 4) you want to test HL in

wow, you do all subjects in HL in IB1? That's amazing. My school don't even offer HL in Bio and Physics, so it's kind of sad that I have to do my HL in Chem and ELA( which I really don't wish to).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
O_________________________o omg!! your classes are big!!!!!!!!! How big is the class rooms?

We don't have 46 people in the class all at once haha :D . My bad, I think I should've made that clear lol. There are 46 people in the IBII program right now, but we actually have 3 classes. One class has bio and economics, second one has bio and history and the third has physics and economics (there's only one guy who takes physics and history lol).

So our largest class would be our economics class, because we only have one of them..33 people. We take up all the desks in the room, hah.

For everything else besides economics, history and physics; we have 2 classes.

This sounds way more confusing than it actually is :D lol.

We don't have 46 people in the class all at once haha :D . My bad, I think I should've made that clear lol. There are 46 people in the IBII program right now, but we actually have 3 classes. One class has bio and economics, second one has bio and history and the third has physics and economics (there's only one guy who takes physics and history lol).

So our largest class would be our economics class, because we only have one of them..33 people. We take up all the desks in the room, hah.

For everything else besides economics, history and physics; we have 2 classes.

This sounds way more confusing than it actually is :D lol.

Aha but still for me u guys have big groups! Well we are only 8 in econ so we are like lying around the tables when our teacher teach us ;p hahaha :D

We have about 25 doing the diploma (and this is about twice as many as last year). We are only all together in TOK but the average class size is about 20 because we have a few certificate people in each class. My Design Tech class has 9 people and only 4 diploma candidates (it's a slack class) and my HL chem only has 3 year two students and 9 year one (they put us in the same class) because our PreIB chem teacher scared everyone else away =D.

• 3 weeks later...

O_O we pay the 'mailing fee' and course fee. For my diploma IB program, i paid around 500-600$ cdn for all my IB courses. Anyways, where I am IB is a big thing... I believe we have around 200 people in the IB program (gr10-12 total). For my courses it was something like this

Math SL - 90 people

Physics SL - 40 ppl

Bio SL - 40ish ppl

History HL - 60 ppl

Chem HL - 90 ppl

English HL - 60 ppl

We've got Art IB at our school too..but that's special and I actually have no idea who's in it. haha.

most of the people who take history are also in english and chem as well.

• 3 weeks later...

My class has around 35 diploma candidates, and the rest 180 take a combination of AP and IB Certificates...

The numbers might look huge but there are many teachers so the number of students in one class is always around 17-18.

English A1 HL: 70ish SL: 50ish

Chinese A2 HL: 17 SL: 19ish

And all the B languages has like 10 for HL, a few more for SL

Geography SL: idk...most likely under 25

Economics SL: huge, 80ish

Psych HL: 20ish SL: 50ish

History HL: 20ish SL: close to 40

Biology HL: 20ish SL: 10ish

Chemistry HL: 8-9 no SL

Physics HL: 10ish no SL

Math Studies: 20-30

Math SL: 20ish

Math HL: 4 lol, the class is combined with h. precalc + AP Calc BC, so around 30 people actually take the course but VERY few take the IB exam.

Dance HL+SL: 10-15?

Theater Arts HL+SL: 10-20?

Art HL+SL: 15ish

Music HL+SL: 10ish

My class has around 35 diploma candidates, and the rest 180 take a combination of AP and IB Certificates...

The numbers might look huge but there are many teachers so the number of students in one class is always around 17-18.

English A1 HL: 70ish SL: 50ish

Chinese A2 HL: 17 SL: 19ish

And all the B languages has like 10 for HL, a few more for SL

Geography SL: idk...most likely under 25

Economics SL: huge, 80ish

Psych HL: 20ish SL: 50ish

History HL: 20ish SL: close to 40

Biology HL: 20ish SL: 10ish

Chemistry HL: 8-9 no SL

Physics HL: 10ish no SL

Math Studies: 20-30

Math SL: 20ish

Math HL: 4 lol, the class is combined with h. precalc + AP Calc BC, so around 30 people actually take the course but VERY few take the IB exam.

Dance HL+SL: 10-15?

Theater Arts HL+SL: 10-20?

Art HL+SL: 15ish

Music HL+SL: 10ish

OHHH MAN!! your school must be huge dude :blink:

As for me this is how it goes: ( in grade 11)

English HL: 25

English SL: 30

French SL: 28

Physics SL: 34

Chemistry SL: 27

Chemistry HL:19

Math HL: 30

Math SL: 31

History HL: 25+

( we dont have Economics)

Geography SL: no idea, but theres close to about 10

[cant think of any more ahha]

I am SO jealous of all of the people with small class sizes!

There are about 220 IB2 students and 190 IB1 students at my school, though over 2000 overall (including "traditional students") attend.

Our average class sizes are from 30-40 students per class period (yes, all in one room at the same time).

But that's just because it's public school, and no private schools in my area offer IB. x[