May 2014 Results thread

IB done!

Maths HL 5

Business HL 6

Econs HL 6

English B SL 6

Malay A1 SL 6

Bio SL 6

TOK: A (#3: Knowledge is nothing more than the systematic organisation of facts)

EE in Econs : C

SOO FREAKING HAPPY ABOUT MY A IN TOK AND MY MATHS HL !!!!!!! (lol since i always get low 4s (almost fail) in maths)

but english and economics a 6? this is depressing......

Total : 35 +2  = 37!!

my friends are all getting 40s but im still soooooo happy and grateful with what i get!

Thinking of remarking since i need one more point for warwick, they need 38 with 5 in maths HL

EE : 1 more mark

Maths HL : 3 %

English SL: 2%

what do you guys think? is remarking risky? wish me luck! hope to get into warwick...

and oh thanks so much for the support ive received here in IBsurvivall...couldnt do it without u guys ;)

Edited by fufufuufufufufuuu
  • Like 4

Hi all!

I just received my grades and I got a 36. I am really happy about my points (I thought I would get in the low 30s). However, I am 4 marks away in English and History to reach a higher grade and 1 mark away in ToK to get a higher grade (would give me 3 bonus points).

I know the final decision is mine, but would you recommend me submitting for re-marks?

• Like 2

Hi all!

I just received my grades and I got a 36. I am really happy about my points (I thought I would get in the low 30s). However, I am 4 marks away in English and History to reach a higher grade and 1 mark away in ToK to get a higher grade (would give me 3 bonus points).

I know the final decision is mine, but would you recommend me submitting for re-marks?

they're not marks, they're percentages (except tok and EE) I'd say go for tok since you have a chance, but don't risk losing your money on the others :) I'm in the same boat, 1 mark off a B in my EE, and 1% of a 7 in maths studies, and 4% off a 6 in all my Highers. I'm only going to remark Maths and EE though.

Hi all!I just received my grades and I got a 36. I am really happy about my points (I thought I would get in the low 30s). However, I am 4 marks away in English and History to reach a higher grade and 1 mark away in ToK to get a higher grade (would give me 3 bonus points).I know the final decision is mine, but would you recommend me submitting for re-marks?

they're not marks, they're percentages (except tok and EE) I'd say go for tok since you have a chance, but don't risk losing your money on the others :) I'm in the same boat, 1 mark off a B in my EE, and 1% of a 7 in maths studies, and 4% off a 6 in all my Highers. I'm only going to remark Maths and EE though.

I'd remark psych instead of maths. Maths is a very objective subject whereas psychology is more subjective (not as subjective as history or English obv) but it's more likely to go up than maths

• Like 3

32 with the fact that I'm writing HL biology in november due to health issues. I guess.. it's alright, as I will surely get at least a 6 in bio... but ee shocked me, and tok did too. I'm just so pissed.

My grades were terrible as well... My IB coordinator predicted and A in EE and IB gave a D (just needed 1 mark to get a C). Same happened in TOK. Got an overall of 34, but need 38... My life has ended T_T

• Like 1

Congrats to all the people who got the grade they wanted! You guys certainly deserve it. Well, as for me, I got my diploma with a 38/45. Mental breakdownnn!! I'm 2% away from getting a higher grade in econ (5), EE © and TOK ©. Should I submit them for re-marks? Or do you guys think it's risky and a waste of money?  :confused:  @_@  Argghhh I Think I need at least a 40 to get in to the unis I want. Not too sure, though. If I raise up the grades for all Econ, EE, and TOK, it will be exactly 40... What should I do?!??

• Like 4

Hi everyone. I got a 35 ( was predicted a 37)

Maths Hl 6 (2% off a 7!)

Physics Hl 6 (1% off a 7)

Italian A Lang and Lit Hl 6 (3% off a 7)

Chemistry Sl 6

History Sl 5

English A Lit Sl 5

ToK C (was predicted a B... so disappointed!)

EE in Maths B

I'm going to remark my Hl subjects. What are is the probability that they'll bump me up from a 6 to 7 in Maths? I need 37 with 7 in Maths for Warwick...

Edited by Dotty
  • Like 2

So many great grades! And to these who didn't get what they wanted- chin up; an appeal or remark might get you in! Don't lose hope just yet :)

Visual Arts HL - 7

English Langlit HL - 7

Business & Management HL - 6 (it says I'm 7 marks off a 7; should I go for it????)

Maths SL - 5 (4 marks off; remark???)

Bio SL - 7

French B SL - 5 (unsuprised re this)

TOK- B

EE - A

Total : 40/45, passed my uni requirement by 5 points and made my predicted grade!

Pretty happy <3

• Like 7

So many great grades! And to these who didn't get what they wanted- chin up; an appeal or remark might get you in! Don't lose hope just yet :)

Visual Arts HL - 7

English Langlit HL - 7

Business & Management HL - 6 (it says I'm 7 marks off a 7; should I go for it????)

Maths SL - 5 (4 marks off; remark???)

Bio SL - 7

French B SL - 5 (unsuprised re this)

TOK- B

EE - A

Total : 40/45, passed my uni requirement by 5 points and made my predicted grade!

Pretty happy <3

I would just stay satisfied with 40 points and not bother with remarking because a. you met the uni requirement and b. you need 4 marks or more to actually bump up a grade which is not extremely likely to happen. 

Go celebrate!!!!! or go to sleep, like I did ;)

Everyone here seems to have gotten awesome grades, I got 33 and I'm a bit dissappointed :/ I'm two marks away from a higher grade in three subjects, biology SL (I got a 5, almost 6), english B HL (6, almost 7) and TOK (B, almost A). Which subject(s) should I request to be remarked in if I want a higher grade? If I would get an A in TOK I get 3 extra points instead of 2 since I got a B for my EE.

• Like 1

Bummed person here. Was predicted 36 (665, 666 +1). I got 36 (664, 765 +2).

I am not disappointed with the overall result and I am SO happy I got an A on my EE and a 7 in math - totally unexpected. However, a 4 was not even on my mind (Visual Art, I regret taking it so much). I am really surprised since a 4 feels... unacceptable. I got conditional offers from Glasgow and Stirling University, but with a 4 in Visual Art Glasgow feels rather distant atm. I was 4 marks from a 5 in art and 1 mark from a B in ToK, and 2 marks from a 7 in history. If only that had happen, I would have gotten 39 points which I would cry of happiness for. 

Anyone thinking re-marking would be good for these subjects? 

Wow wow congrats everyone!!! I'm very happy with my results, however in math studies I got a 6 and I was 1% away from a 7. I really wanted a 7, but do you guys think it is likely that they will raise my grade in maths if I would ask for it to be remarked? I mean maths feels pretty straight forward and objective, so is it really that likely that my score will change??

GUYS I GOT 40:

HL PSYCHOLOGY 6

HL HISTORY 6

HL BIOLOGY 5

SL ENGLISH 7 

SL RUSSIAN AB 7

SL MATHS STUDIES 6

EE IN PSYCHOLOGY A

TOK #5 (historian and scientist question) B

SO SO HAPPY :D

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND, hats off to you :hi::D

Thank you my dear, you did well too!  :blowkiss:

thank you, thank you :blowkiss:

Err... is this normal? My results for the 2014 session still aren't posted yet! Last year (I took two anticipated subjects), the website notified me when I'll get my results, but this year it's not doing that.

Hi there! This happened to me last year (I did anticipated the year before as well). I had to wait for 6 gruelling hours before finally reaching my IBC - Turns out that I was supposed to get new log on information, but I had been using the same Pin and Candidate number from the year before. Have you received your new information? Or are you using the same info from the year before?

Edited by Babydolleyes
  • Like 1

32 with the fact that I'm writing HL biology in november due to health issues. I guess.. it's alright, as I will surely get at least a 6 in bio... but ee shocked me, and tok did too. I'm just so pissed.

My grades were terrible as well... My IB coordinator predicted and A in EE and IB gave a D (just needed 1 mark to get a C). Same happened in TOK. Got an overall of 34, but need 38... My life has ended T_T

The same thing happened with me! I was predicted A for TOK and B for EE...I got a D in TOK and C in EE  :nonono:

I am considering getting my TOK remarked...is it worth the try people?