The Original Who Are You Thread

Graeme

Same! Cool, another piano teacher.

And Frei, you get to choose russian/japanese and philosophy? You're so lucky, those are the subjects I would want to do. I desperately wanted to do philosophy above history. And Russian is such an amazing language. At least I have Japanese, I guess.

Actually, IB philosophy is not nearly as fun as it sounds... But russian is amazing! :D

Thanks...

I'm considering to redo one year(starting DP1 again, that is) just to switch psychology into business and management... Gah, I thought my year was lucky because we got to choose russian/japanese and philosophy, bus B&M seems sooooo tempting :P

Haha, oh man I suppose it's good then that I suggested B&M in the IB council :) I didn't think it would be so popular. They asked for any other subjects and I just blurted it out and they added it on the list.

Psychology is fun though! :D

HMS, History is quite an easy HL, I think. Not too much different from SL.

are you bloody kidding?? i took history hl. while it sounds like the same with sl but really you do need to know quite a bit more than sl. maybe it's just the way my teacher planned our syllabus...but still, i think the paper 3 is quite an added load for hl.

(sorry...shift key on this keyboard sucks)

Guest iber2468

I'm Crystal, 17, Vancouverite, Asian immigrant but pretty white-washed in Canada

Coerced into IB thinking it's a piece of cake

Now regretting taking math and physics hl

Predicted 39 and have no hope of Ivies though pressured by everyone around

People say I can write and point to my blog as a testimony, but I am secretly holding on to my literary talents by a thread, being able to write only when experiencing extreme emotions (like the EEeeeeee)

Addicted to web designing yet horribly uncreative at it

More addicted to Harry Potter and have a past history of drawing multiple HP comparisons to the horror of my English and TOK teachers

Ahhh, it's all good.

More addicted to Harry Potter and have a past history of drawing multiple HP comparisons to the horror of my English and TOK teachers

:rofl: I stopped doing that after my IGCSE English lit teacher did not enjoy my attempts to insert HP into every thing I can get away with...

But I did write my EE on HP.

People say I can write and point to my blog as a testimony, but I am secretly holding on to my literary talents by a thread, being able to write only when experiencing extreme emotions (like the EEeeeeee)

Seen the Writer's thread yet? Hang on, I'll get the link. it's probably buried as I haven't looked at it in a while.

http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=146

Guest iber2468
But I did write my EE on HP.

HANDS DOWN. YOU. ARE. MY. FRIGGIN. HERO.

*all hail*

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OMG...... (okay stop it with the cap locks Crystal...) your teachers let you?! I was the one vehemently protesting at the back of the room when my english teacher said at EE info sessions that Harry Potter is too modern for an extended essay...

My supervisor encouraged me. He told me to switch from Austen to HP and then practically came up with my topic for me... :rofl: which was to compare goodness and evil in HP and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. :D

Back when I started EE (2005 - my god I feel old...), an EE on HP was pretty much a new thing which means it would be fresh and more original than Austen. By now...I'm not so sure anymore. But yeah... :D

Guest psycho7

This is Ben and I will be graduating this May, 2008. I have found, though my IB career is not quite over, that it has been a crazy ride, but one well worth it. My HL's were math, chemistry and computer science, and I will be glad to help in any wasy I can. I look forward to communing with you fine individuals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!! I'm newbie here :P

My name is Jack Bauer...head of field operation at CTU....nahhhh just too addicted to 24

My name is actually Mike - -'' anyway, hope to make a great contribution here and also receive a profit from this forum to help me going through an up-coming two year of IB :D

HaHaHa I used to be in MYP grade 7-9 and I decided to come to Canada to improve my English in order to prepare for IB. For some reason, i'm getting so excited about it that I did so many researchs and I came across this wonderful forum. I'm still in the beginning of IB diploma but i have read all the syllabus of my own choices (oh yea, 6 binders - 430 pages) LOL don't know if anyone does that...and i love to do fun researchs on the internet about university / IB courses. So yea, hope to use my general knowledge to make a great contribution here :crying:

I survived MYP with 7 in 7 subjects and 6 in 2 subjects LOL so I'm having an idea of workload I can expect in a nearby future (barely slept although i'm still in MYP, dang!)

Nice to meet you all!

Edited by Argiyama

Salut, I'm Denisse and I'm just trying to get by.

I've been suffering of a minor insomnia since I was let out on break. It's terrible. My little nest is laid in Miami. I'm into music, and lots of it. Nothing compares to it, except perhaps sleeping. I'm also into psychology but not my psychology teacher; I struggle in my English class, every second spent in that class is dreadful. (not really) I truly want to love the subject, and I once did, but I lost my inspiration this summer. It's 4:32, so c'est tout.

Thanks Deus for making this lovely forum!

hello Denisse >.< I can relate to you with the English :P my teacher kinda didn't like me at the start of the course and kept insisting that I go down to SL, which I did eventually, and I ended up getting the only 6 in the class :P . Don't lost your inspiration! English is a beautiful subject, and I don't think you need a good teacher for it. I mean it would help loads if you do have one! but if your one of us misfortunate ones, then you'll just have to work twice as hard for the subject you love :D