The Original Who Are You Thread

Graeme

Ahooy! My name is Tanja and I just started this program! Many people pronounce my name TAN-JAH the first time but it is really like ten-ya. Umm what more can I say.. I love strawberry jam and I have a ladybug pencil case + it is see through! Isn't that neat? I am living with my aunts at the moment but hopefully I will be moving to the boarding school next year so it does not take 1hr and 30 min to get to school and back home. I hate bus drivers with passion. I have lot of bad encounters when I take the bus. Do I need to mention them? Oh, and I still love the Spice Girls. :)

Hi!

I'm icecoldstar, and I will finish up this bastard may of 2008

im from Florida, US. so, if anyone wants to go to beach, Florida has the best beaches in the world, along with the hotest chicks :D

yo've clearly not been to Cyprus then dude :)

welcome tanjah :D I share your passion for strawberry jam, spice girls not so much :)

Hehe, Tanjah, I have the same hate for buses as you. They're one of my few (I like to think there aren't that many) completely irrational fears. I've had quite a few not so hot encounters on the yellow bus as well, but it's actually not when I'm riding in one what I start tripping out, but rather, when I am walking down the street and hear one behind me! It's ridiculous I know, but it feels like my heart is about to stop, and my legs get that feeling like when you are running away from something in a dream and they won't move. Hahaha. It's completely ridiculous, I know. Luckily I leave for school early so I miss the 8:30 rush.

Hello people, I'm an individual who should be called Anastasis and I'm from Greece, Athens in particular. I joined the IB and took the hardest lessons possible just to prove my value to myself and of course.. the university. (dah!) I registered in this site to gather more "inside" information from people that are more experienced in the IB program than I am, and also to describe my experience, because, well, let's just say that I like to describe my experiences.

Edited by Quajafrie

Hehe, Tanjah, I have the same hate for buses as you. They're one of my few (I like to think there aren't that many) completely irrational fears. I've had quite a few not so hot encounters on the yellow bus as well, but it's actually not when I'm riding in one what I start tripping out, but rather, when I am walking down the street and hear one behind me! It's ridiculous I know, but it feels like my heart is about to stop, and my legs get that feeling like when you are running away from something in a dream and they won't move. Hahaha. It's completely ridiculous, I know. Luckily I leave for school early so I miss the 8:30 rush.

lol I absolutely hate that too when I bike. I live in the country so there is no bike lane and the road is narrow. It is difficult to hear if there are cars coming behind me because the wind is so strong. I was just biking to see the beaaautiful sky and lil ponies eating grass. Suddenly this huge a** bus passed me by and I fell in this ditch because I lost control. I had not rode a bike for so long and I am very clumpsy on the bike. This other time I was riding the bike and I had to stop but I could not reach the ground in time because the seat was too high. It was so emberrasing and I stopped in the middle of the road and tried to go backwards quickly but I was walking like a penguin... god this car went around me and it freaked me out so bad because the people were staring at me even as it passed by. I felt like they were from the movie I just watched "The Invasion"...

I have more bus tales but I think I have emberrased myself enough already =P lol

Hello

I start the IB at the start of next year, 2008. I'm from Dunedin, New Zealand. My course schedule so far looks like:

HL English

SL Spanish or SL German - Ab initio starter course; not sure whether to do Spanish or German

HL History entailing USSR, China and Cold War

HL Biology

SL Mathematics

SL Computer Studies

Paul

Guest erinederbo

hi,

i'm erin and i'm a may 2008 certificate candidate. i'm in history, english, and film...and am currently going crazy becasue, though only having three classes...ib is taking my life over. i hope this site will help!

HI! i'm new here. hehe... my name is natalia or u can call me lili. I'm may 2009 candidate and i came from Indonesia. hehe... far far away huh? hehhe... i hope this site can help me pass IB! haha... :D

Guest raidagirl07

Hi there,

I'm raidagirl and I'll be done with IB in 2011. May god have mercy on my soul. Yes, that makes me a freshman. I'm used to IB, though because I did it all through middle school. I also live in Florida. I'm probably the youngest person on this forum.

My classes are:

Art 1 pre-Ib

Music 1 pre-ib

Spanish 3

AP world history

Algebra 2

Pre- Ib biology

pre-ib english

Heh. None of my classes are that hard because I'm just a freshman.

Can't wait 'till it's over.

Class of '11

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Canada

Hello

My name is Isak and I currently attend the first "real" year (DP1) at the Diploma Programme in Boden, Sweden. I am 17 years old and live alone (too far of a commute). The classes I take at the IB are English HL, Swedish SL, Chemistry SL, History HL, Mathematics HL, and French HL. What else..... Lived in Montreal, Canada for 3 years, thereby the nickname Mr Canada.... EE chosen ---> History - "To what extent did Napoleon's tactics affect the outcome of his campaign/rule". Done 1/3 of the CAS hours in just 8 weeks... :worship: only 100 hours to go... Well that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

My turn I guess.

Hi, my name is Pierre (Yes, I speak some French, but don't expect to get any useful help from me) and I'm a May 2010 candidate - I'm in the first year (PDP/Pre-DP) here in Karlskrona, Sweden.

I am crazy (obviously, what am I doing in the IB?), and I am an extremly positive guy. Whenever, and if you need to get in touch wiht me or ask me a question - anything! - just do. I'll gladly reply.

I just finished a damned essay on the causes of the French Revolution (don't make me type that again, I've grown tired of it) and I need new friends. =(

Guest smallishelfone

I'm Cat. I like pants, cats, singing, acting, writing, and not IB but I managed to get stuck because no one told me it would be this hard (I know, boo freaking hoo).

I took my SL bio test last year (moohoowahahaha) so i don't have Science this year which makes my life about 50 times easier. So, yeah.

I started on IB in sixth grade and have no idea how I've made it to 12th. I'll be doing all my tests in 2008.

HLs:

English

History

Theater Arts

SLs:

Math Studies

Biology

Spanish

Woohoo! If anyone wants to PM me IN Spanish and then continue conversing with me in Spanish I would love you forever (sort of).

Edited by smallishelfone