I have a question: how did you draw the line of best fit? because I firstly drew it through the mean point and approximately between the other points and then changed my mind and connected the mean point with the (0,0) point on the axis! now I regret that because I have a feeling that the first version was the correct one :/

The calculator says the line of regression should intercept the Y axis at 9.31 which I think is the correct way of doing it...

However, I drew my scatter diagram with the X axis starting at 1.5kg because it looked really odd when starting from 0, did anyone else do this?

The calculator says the line of regression should intercept the Y axis at 9.31 which I think is the correct way of doing it...

However, I drew my scatter diagram with the X axis starting at 1.5kg because it looked really odd when starting from 0, did anyone else do this?

Exactly i had to start from 1.5 kg because it looked really awful. The paper was hard and the last question was just awful!

I actually thought the paper was quite nice compared to some of the past papers. I thought the only really hard bits were the last geometric progression question and finding the formula in the graph question, that was the only question I didnt have an answer for.

That said there is every chance I thought it was easy because I misunderstood it...

cjy I agree, I found this paper much easier than P1, so hopefully this paper will have made up for the stupid mistakes I made in the first one! Overall I thought it was a good paper, however I also ran out of time on the last question with the trigonometry and the area/cost of the greenhouse :/

For the paper with th scatter diagram of 1.5 kg that you guys are talking about, was that TZ1 or TZ2?

Aaah I see, our last one was trigonometric sine and cosine rule for a greenhouse and then area, however we didn't have any arithmetic/geometric questions whatsoever. There was a function as well on ours but it was linked in with differentiation and finding the coordinates of the minimum and then the tangent to the curve, which was ok I guess, just the time constraints were what bugged me

Mine was TZ2 and it drained me, especially that question with a tent. OMG i was calculating that angle for 20 min and I still don't think it was correct.

Line of best fit I just did how it looks right, i didn't take care of specific points, and yeah i started the scatter from 0.

And one question... How did you calculate that number of laps in the last question with running, when his time is shorter that hers?

Paper 2 was a bit like I thought it would be.... Much to do in short time.... You basically have to go through the paper with NO mistakes, no questions and just do everything. If you slow down on anything you wont have any time... I know I switched between 3,4,5.... So I was returning to the last question of question 3, and I really know I could have solved it but I had basically 2 minutes to think of how to do it, and I got so stressed that I couldn't think so I just guessed an angle (It was the angle question)... I just took 47 Degree... Haha! Hopefully it's correct but I guess not... It's like a 5% chance you guess correct...

Edited by Yap

That paper 2 was not nice for TZ2. Question 1 was easy enough to do. Question 2, we had no idea what the pearsons co-efficient is as we had never been taught it so their was no way we could get any of the 8 marks on offer :/,, Question 3 was rather simple but I panicked at proving the length of the line but could do everything else in that question. I had no idea question 4 was a sequence and series question until the last minute, so my paper reads like 120+130+... and so on for most of it :L. Question 5 was just horrible. I'm praying for the best but know the worst is to come =[

Guest Fiorella

For those in north america/south american time zone...it my opinion it was WAY too long :( I am really worried because I practically left the last page blank and it was like 20 points! Well I answered a, b and c (which were 1 point I think) but that's about it... I know I can't do anything to change it but it's eating me alive lol. I THINK that what I did answer I answered correctly so I can only hope. Everyone in my math studies class agreed that the last problem was somewhat tricky...but overall it wasn't difficult just really long :( (but then again I'm a slow math test taker...)