Post your favorite quotes!

Guest kenshi64

This one's good and short, so when all of my IB-mates here get tired of studying and want to pump some iron, keep this in mind "Pain is temporary, pride lasts forever" I just can't get this outta my head when i'm pushing myself to do that last rep!! :D !!Hurts now but guns later, yeah baby!!! :headbang:

Oh I have many many many different favourite quotations but there are some I like the most because of their simplicity.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring." Oscar Wilde

"If you're going through hell, Keep going" Winston Churchill <--- OKAY SO TIS ONE'S IB. :D

• Like 2

Big girls don't cry. Big boys don't lie.
"It's impossible," said pride.

"It's risky," said experience.

"It's pointless," said reason.

"Give it a try," said the heart.

A GREAT FRIENDSHIP is about 2 things:

1. Find out similarities

2. Respect differences.

Be strong, because it would get better. It might be stormy now, but it couldn't rain forever.
Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid to not to try.
They laughed at me & ask "WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HIM?"

I smiled back & said "EVERYTHING YOU DON'T."

Life is short, live it.

Love is rare, grab it.

Anger is bad, dump it.

Fear is awful, face it.

Memories are sweet, cherish it.

If there was a economic depression I bet Ke$ha's name would change to Ke¢ha.
Love begins from Adam and Eve, storied by Romeo and Juliette, played by Jack and Rose, continued by you and me.
Some people dream of success, while some others wake up and work hard for it.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Not very inspirational but they make me smile...

“Michael Owen is a good goalscorer, not a natural born one, not yet, that takes time." - Glenn Hoddle (I think)

'And for those of you watching without television sets, live commentary is on Radio 2' - not sure who

• 3 weeks later...

'you can own the Earth, and still - all you'll own is earth until you can paint with all the colours of the wind.' - Pocahontas

i love that quote. :) it reminds you the value of all living things. :)

'light can be spread from a single candle and it's life is not shortened. Happiness does not decrease by being shared.' buddhist quote <3

• 2 weeks later...

It's a quote from a TV Show, a legal drama/comedy "Boston Legal" but I love it cause it says a lot about my motivations:

"Contrary to the public's perception I think when asked, most judges and lawyers would say that the reason they first went to law school was simply to help people." Alan Shore

I love song quotes! :D Here are some of them...

If you can fly you don't stop at the sky - Owl City, The Yacht Club

If you're ever alone. Then your heart will know it can reach to mine. I'll be at your side - Angels and Airwaves, Shove

Sailboats wish that they were stars, 'cause they don't who they are - Sky Sailing, Sailboats

Take all your so called problems, better put them in quotations - John Mayer, Say

What are some great quotes which have constantly inspired you? Whether it's to keep going through a rough patch in your life, finishing that External Essay, or just putting a smile on your face?

I have so many that it's hard to choose one, but I'll go with the one right now on my desk, "Errare Humanum Est", it basically states that everyone makes mistakes :D

What are some of your favorite ones??

Is Latin a rule or something? Nahh, I feel rebellious.

"The Sun never sets on the British empire." (my cool quote)

oh and also

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" -Dr. Seuss (my motivational quote)

:lol:

• Like 1