Post your favorite quotes!

• 5 months later...

Wow. Some great quotations here :D

Some of my fave are...

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself

have altered. - Nelson Mandela

'I sought my soul, But my soul I could not see. I sought my God, But my God eluded me.

I sought my brother, And I found all three.' --W. Blake

If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be;

and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger

~Wuthering Heights

Truth is generally the best vindication against slander

Lincoln

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

And when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

"One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic" -Stalin

But humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries – but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.

Bill Gates

"Love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect.

The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us." -Moonstruck

90% of men kiss their wife goodbye when they leave the house. The rest kiss their house goodbye when they leave the wife.

I filled out an application that said, "In Case Of Emergency Notify". I wrote "Doctor"... What's my mother going to do?

Edited by Shorty

Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)

• “This world is a prison for the Faithful, but a Paradise for unbelievers”
  • "Remember God in prosperity, and He will remember you in adversity”
  • “The most excellent jihad (struggle) is that for the conquest of self”
  • “Do not say, that if the people do good to us, we will do good to them; and if the people oppress us, we will oppress them; but determine that if people do you good, you will do good to them; and if they oppress you, you will not oppress them”

Eleanor Roosevelt

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's dipped in hot water."

Mark Twain

"Don't wake up a woman in love. Let her dream, so she does not weep when she returns to her bitter reality."

Anon

"I believe in the sun even it is not shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent."

Nizar Qibbani

"If only I had known how very dangerous love was, I wouldn't have loved. If only I had known how deep the sea was, I wouldn't have set sail. If I had known my very own endings, I wouldn't have begun."

Norah Hawshan

"Those who want us, our souls resent them. Ans those whom we want, fate refuses to give them to us."

Socrates

"Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom."

Arabian Proverbs

The whisper of a pretty girl can be heard further off than the roar of a lion

Trust in God, but tie your camel.

The Quran

"Verily, Allah does not change a peoples' condition until what they have changed is in themselves." - Surat Al Ra'ad

Edited by Masooma

Anon

"I believe in the sun even it is not shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent."

The Quran

"Verily, Allah does not change a peoples' condition until what they have changed is in themselves." - Surat Al Ra'ad

Aww I love those two :)

Okay so I have this poem that I'm in love with. Like if I was into carving into my skin, I'd consider getting part of it tattooed on me. It's not really a quote, but it's pretty inspiring. I put it on my English binder, so it's the first thing I see in school every morning. :)

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind,

people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful,

you will win some false friends and some true enemies;

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,

people may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,

someone could destroy overnight.

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,

they may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,

people will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,

and it may never be enough;

Give the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis

it is between you and God;

it was never between you and them anyway.

--Mother Teresa

• 1 year later...

what are your favourite quotations?

quotations about anything: life, love, friendship, education, happiness,

anything, really!

share and inspire!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." (Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama)

"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy." I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter and to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all." (Passions and Prejudices - Leo C. Rosten)

Edited by dessskris
  • Like 2

This is a thread I will most likely visit from time to time after a certain number of posts has been made...Nice idea.

Here's mine. . .

"This is the best gift i can give you right now, A gift without form called memory. I don't have money, I can't buy you anything with form.Even so...even without form,a memory will last forever!.... I believe that it will."~Yoshino Yusuke(Clannad)

Creativity means believing you have greatness. - Wayne Dyer

(can't say i like the person, but it's a nice sentence.)

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought. - Albert Szent-Györgyi

i have a feeling the very cliche ones are gonna start coming up soon ;)

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.

If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies; Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;

It was never between you and them anyway.

Associated with Mother Teresa, however, it was adapted from The Paradoxical Commandments by Kent Keith (1968)

• Like 2

Here are some of my personal favorites and some that I've made up out of learning experience in life...(some might not actually be "inspirational" since some of them are either motto's to keep me going on or just like i've mentioned, out of experience from my days back in High School.)

"Those Who Break The Rules Are Scum That's True, But Those Who Abandon Their Friends Are Even Worse Than Scum."

"Just Be Yourself"

"PAIN is INEVITABLE,SUFFERING is OPTIONAL"

"You cannot open the mind of another unless you yourself have an open mind."

"You always Fear,what you don't understand"

"Remember, don't pay attention to the competition itself. Ignore other racers. The one you need to beat is yourself.

"

"Sometimes one decision can change your Life"

‎"If you’re gonna make a move, you’ve gotta do it now,Nothing will start til you make a move!"

"Don't Be Somebody You're Not"

"Impossible Is Nothing"

"Life is like a Pencil: You Have To Leave A Mark"

"Every Second Counts"

"Make Every Moment Count"

"It's All About Timing"

"No Harm,No Foul"

"The Car Makes The Driver & The Driver Makes The Car"

"Always Mind Your Surroundings"

"I Work Through Pain"

"We Fall So That We Could Learn To Pick Ourselves Up"

"Win Or Lose,It's How You Play The Game"

"There Are No Accidents,Everything Happens For A Reason"

"Be Thankful For What You Already Have"

"Love Yourself Before You Love Others"

"Think Outside The Box"

"Read Between The Lines"

"Nothing Good Lasts Long"

"Do what you know is right, Not just what feels right"

"Never Under Estimate Your Opponents"

"Every Cloud Has It's Silver Lining"

"Respect is EARNED,Not BOUGHT"

"Why Seek Love From Others When You Already Have Your Family and Current Friends Who Are Giving You The LOVE That You Already Have?"

• Like 1

"If you doubt, you question. If you question, you understand. If you understand, you know. If you know, you want to know more… AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE, THEN YOU ARE ALIVE… " -National Geographic Channel

Edited by MARK10
  • Like 2

Here´s a bit of a cliche, but anyway I love it!

"Where there is a will, there is a way." (Saw it at the Piccadilly Circus screen in London for the first time. That made my day.)

I thought it was something like If there is a will there is always a way.