THAT experience which was HL Physics Paper 2 TZ2

n00b

Hello everyone! :bye:

Hope you're still intact after that 3hrs 15mins of joy , how did you find it?

Personally, the groupings of the Section B questions weren't ideal, I did B1 and B4 but find myself wishing I'd done B3 as the SHM/waves stuff looked reasonably okay.

Once you actually got into the questions they seemed to turn quite nasty - appearances were definitely deceiving.

And what was up with A6 that weird electromagnetic induction question?!!!! :surrender:

Anyway, thoughts on that and paper 1 if you like?

Neither of them really stood out as 'harder' or 'easier' than any past papers to me, personally. Paper 1 was pretty good. Objectively, section B on paper 2 was harder, but I think I still did alright. What questions on Section B did you answer? I did 3 and 4.

Paper 1 seemed easier than past papers to me. Paper 2 didn't seem too bad, although I didn't like the pairing of questions in part B - I did 1 and 2. They were papers where you can't really tell I think, everyone I've spoken to disagrees on how easy/difficult they were!

I agree.. p1 was really easy... iwas suspicious when I left the room, something was wrong....

Obviusly i got raped in paper 2... part A about interference and wave superposition was brutal

i didn't know where to start...

I thought everything up to A6 was actually alright, seemed better than past papers. But A6 was nasty. Yeh the pairing of questions in section B wasn't great at all, I did 1 and 2 and realised at the end that I would have got more marks on 3, but nevermind!

I also chose B1 and B4! I think B4 was the easiest out of all the Section B questions. I regret choosing B1, because I had little time left and only did half of it. When I first saw section A I was dumbfounded! Some questions were embarrassingly easy (like the thermal question and the falling ball in well) but A6 was a complete mystery to me. I couldn't calculate the force, because I thought they didn't give us enough details, such as the strength of the magnetic field. What do you guys think?

Oh and Paper 1 was a gift :)

Totally agree about the other Section A questions, they were rather lovely

I also chose B1 and B4! I think B4 was the easiest out of all the Section B questions. I regret choosing B1, because I had little time left and only did half of it. When I first saw section A I was dumbfounded! Some questions were embarrassingly easy (like the thermal question and the falling ball in well) but A6 was a complete mystery to me. I couldn't calculate the force, because I thought they didn't give us enough details, such as the strength of the magnetic field. What do you guys think?

Oh and Paper 1 was a gift :)

Yeah that's what I thought about A6 - surely we had to know the magnetic field strength at least?

Paper 1 was okay despite some odd little questions such as a later one which seemed to be about beta positive decay but had the answers "neutron/neutrino/alpha/beta capture", wasn't entirely sure what it meant by that (put neutron) and also I stupidly thought an increase in volcanic activity would contribute to global warming (but then I hated that climate change topic with a passion so did little revision), otherwise though :)

I thought everything up to A6 was actually alright, seemed better than past papers. But A6 was nasty. Yeh the pairing of questions in section B wasn't great at all, I did 1 and 2 and realised at the end that I would have got more marks on 3, but nevermind!

That's the best attitude to have for sure, there's nothing we can do now so might as well just forget about it until July 5th!!!

I stupidly thought an increase in volcanic activity would contribute to global warming (but then I hated that climate change topic with a passion so did little revision), otherwise though :)

I said it does too, because volcanoes make sulphur compounds which act as greenhouse gases and also increase CO2, so surely they do no?

EDIT: (It looks like we were right: look here and here )

I was just shocked by the exponential question (A1). I said it wasn't but apparently it was "within error". Anyone else get that? Also if anyone did B3, the CCD question was pretty tricky.

Edited by JohnSmith

@macrofire - you probably had TZ1

My physics exam was in spanish, but it was the same as TZ2. Paper 1 was easier than most past papers ... The only question which I really guessed was the resolution one .... Paper 2 was awesome except for that question A6 ... I also did B1 and B4. B4 was a gift ... The momentum question was easy. I loved that 5 mark question ... And the last question on nuclear physics was really interesting (to estimate the earth´s age using the half - life of radio-active elements). B1 was also easy, although there were some tricky questions ...

Neither of them really stood out as 'harder' or 'easier' than any past papers to me, personally. Paper 1 was pretty good. Objectively, section B on paper 2 was harder, but I think I still did alright. What questions on Section B did you answer? I did 3 and 4.

Went for B1 and B4 because I was most familiar with those topics.. OR SO I THOUGHT

@macrofire - you probably had TZ1

My physics exam was in spanish, but it was the same as TZ2. Paper 1 was easier than most past papers ... The only question which I really guessed was the resolution one .... Paper 2 was awesome except for that question A6 ... I also did B1 and B4. B4 was a gift ... The momentum question was easy. I loved that 5 mark question ... And the last question on nuclear physics was really interesting (to estimate the earth´s age using the half - life of radio-active elements). B1 was also easy, although there were some tricky questions ...

Whoops. Wrong thread then.

Did no one chose B2 and B3? I thought they were quite alright except for the last question in B3 with the ccd and pixel stuff.

A6 (the one with electromagnetic induction) was confusing at first, just managed to figure it out in the last 5 minutes. Had to rewrite a formula and such to eliminate B and v.