THAT experience which was HL Physics Paper 2 TZ2

n00b

What was the answer to the last paper 1 question (magnification) ?!?!?!?!

And wasnt A6 like a question from 2012?????

Can't remember magnification as I did it in about five seconds before the end of the exam. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we had a similar question on a mock N12 paper or on some other recent exam. Although if I remember correctly that question asked you to state Lenz's law, not apply it (although I just stated it in the hopes of one mark).

Yeah the A6 was messed up, for A1 I just used use the graph to show half life is not constant. I have a feeling I am right on the boundary between 6/7, wish me luck! I did B1 and B2, didn't like the optics part of B2 (or b1 couldn't remember that well)....

I don't know man, I hope the grade boundaries are slightly lower this year, I really need a 7 in this subject to make up for my languages (A2 and B).... And I have math HL tomorrow and Chem HL in a week.... Wish me luck! lol

Paper 2 was do-able for me, although I agree with majority of the people that A6 was tough :/ I felt like something was missing somewhere so I just completely skipped the question. I didn't quite get A1 either as I was confused with it as well.

The Section B options weren't that great either. I had a hard time choosing between B1, B2, and B4, but I chose B1 and B2 in the end. They were both nice, except for B1 part 1. Not my favourite topic :(

My goodness, I just bombed my exam :c

(Paper 1 went well, hopefully Paper 1 and 3 will boost me up a little.)

Late reply, but I thought Paper 1 was horrible. I feel like I guessed most of the answers so I'd be happy with 25/40 or so >_>

Paper 2 was light years better. Found the questions relatively easy, can't remember which section B I did but one had mechanics and one had energy, power and climate change...

Paper 3, astro and relativity, was somewhere from okay to semi-bad. I think P1 and P3 knocked me off a 7 so expecting 6 overall.

Late reply, but I thought Paper 1 was horrible. I feel like I guessed most of the answers so I'd be happy with 25/40 or so >_>

Paper 2 was light years better. Found the questions relatively easy, can't remember which section B I did but one had mechanics and one had energy, power and climate change...

Paper 3, astro and relativity, was somewhere from okay to semi-bad. I think P1 and P3 knocked me off a 7 so expecting 6 overall.

same mate, thought paper 1 was very horrible (especially when I realized that I have a couple of silly mistakes!), but P2 and P3 were much better

I loved A6 as it was a challenging question within a field (pun intended) I master completely. So I think I got it right.

For the ones who did the power and climate change think in section B(4?), do anyone remember how many wind turbines they got [you know, to match the Drak power station]? I got 2120 or something I think and a huge area. Another skilled student in my class said he got something like 500 turbines I think. Anyone to confirm?

I loved A6 as it was a challenging question within a field (pun intended) I master completely. So I think I got it right.

For the ones who did the power and climate change think in section B(4?), do anyone remember how many wind turbines they got [you know, to match the Drak power station]? I got 2120 or something I think and a huge area. Another skilled student in my class said he got something like 500 turbines I think. Anyone to confirm?

My calculator tells me I got 2120 as well! :)

• Like 1

I believe I got around 2120 turbines too. The area might have seemed huge at first but converting to km2 it made more sense.

I got around 600 - but forgot to incorporate the 30% efficiency, so it matches up (Y)

Overall I found paper 2 very do-able, paper 1 harder than usual. A6 was hard, but I hadn't expected to make full marks on emf questions to begin with.

I got 0.44 for the CCD as well! Btw what did you guys answer for the weird "greenhouse effect one" ? I kinda chose the all 3 option including volcanoes.... Hope that was right! Also, did anyone else get 19m instead of 20 for the conservation of momentum (5pt question)? Im pretty sure my method was right so i was worried how i didnt end up with 20 -_-

@spacemonkey74

I beieve that the 3 option was the right answer ... And about the momentum question, I also got 19.3 or something like that. And, this question said that it was APPROXIMATELY 20 m ... so I believe we got it right :) I have seen other past paper questions were they also make those weird approximations ...

Edited by vera

• 1 month later...