What do you do to relieve stress from IB?

Jason08

• 2 months later...

Well I try to get my work in on time and make sure I'm prepared for all my tests orals etc. so I don't get into the situation where I hate myself for having choosen to do the IB.... When it happens though I just need to get out of my room - I go for a run, play football or talk to mates about fun stuff. Yup that's basically it!

• 2 weeks later...

Even when procrastinate it's stressful because I know I should be working on something else >.> And with all the work this time of the year, that's pretty much a constant these days hahahaha

But when I'm really relaxing I find hanging out with friends the best. I think usually the IB class gets pretty close by the last year of school so that it's really easy to hang out and rant about all the work due :D Or just hang out. A good book's great though, especially when it isn't assigned reading. Or skating -_- I'm from Canada, so by the time November hits outdoor rinks are easy to find. It really relieves all the tension.

I play Free Cell solitaire on my computer, read Tumblr or this site, go on Facebook (although that usually leads to mroe stress...), play my ukulele, skype with a friend, read magazines, look at old pictures, etc.

Oh, and eat. I'm a huge stress eater. Its not good, since I'm stressed a lot, and therefore eat a lot...

i go for a run or listen to calming music

i try to sleep but im usually too stressed out to ACTUALLY sleep, so basically i end up lying on my back staring at the ceiling just thinking/ worrying about my 3 page to-do list that just seems to be getting longer and longer by the minute!!

taking a hot bath also helps =)

i also sometimes watch movies online, if i have time (that actually helps the most)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HL: Math, Physics, Design Technology (DT), Art

SL: Arabic A1, English A2

Extended Essay: DT

TOK: #8

Edited by jackiechan93

I am surprised at the various things people do to relieve stress. IMHO, a true IB student only relieves by either sleeping or eating.

However, to answer the question, I still believe sleeping and eating are the best ways to relieve stress. There are other ways that work for me too, such ass:

-Videogames

-sex

-gym

-making music

-speeding

these are great for releasing all the anger

-cooking

-going shopping

-movies

-facebook

-procrastinating

-anything not school related that puts you in a good mood

How to relieve stress? Hmmmmmmmm. Ok for starters i consider how much time i actually need (have) for de-stress time, from there it depends on why i need time. If its an essay, homework or something I might nap, stare at the wall and space out (actually works quite well), i walk around the house, i read or paint my nails, i listen to my ipod, mess around on the computer, go to this website, i think about what i do with my time and how i can fix it. I plan out my week, which actually helps sometimes, you know seeing everything laid out in front of you lets you actually figure out what to do from there.

Okay this started last year with a group of friends, IBers too, we have a journal [not a burn book] where we can vent to each other, write notes or our personal favorite- let our imaginations run wild and create crazy wacked out stories. Its a journal for our eyes only where we can all just take a break from IB, which we have all been in since the 6th grade, IBMYP

If all else fails I lend a hand to my younger sibling doing their own IB homework, Pre-IB and IBMYP. Its nice to actually know what to do on assignments, you know. And its a good way for them as well, always gotta help the little IBers out.

I see a lot of people posting their exam schedule, so all i know so far is that Im taking the Psychology SL exam in May 2011, and the other ones are going to be dealt with later on.