What do you do to relieve stress from IB?

Jason08

Some people say beating a pillow helps, not so much for me, i just need to calm myself down usually not vent my anger for IB out.

I agree to an extent. Just being angry is not very effective, but sometimes one needs to let one's feelings out. Sometimes I'm so annoyed/angry/whatever, that I have to do something, then running in the forest is usually a good idea.

But if one is angry about school work, it's best to take a break, try to calm down and get back to it later.

Edited by Tilia
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

- Playing the electric guitar/piano alone or w/ friends

- Listening to music; something uplifting and emotional

- Movies

- Thinking positively about my future

- Going out in the sunshine with my iPod and just sitting there doing nothing. :P

- Reading dumb literature e.g. MAD magazine

I would browse /b/ if I wasn't banned :)

Also for some strange reason I seem to be the only person who hates sleep. Definitely doesn't help 'relieve stress' for me. I just get the required 6/7 hours of sleep a night and I'm done. I'm weird I guess...

To be honest, when IB gets serious (e.g. summer exams and predicted grades) there's not much I can do to relieve the constant stress or get IB out of my mind; the activities I usually enjoy are no longer enjoyable. I just live with it and know that it'll be over soon. It's a horrible feeling but it pays off in the end doesn't it?

Edited by zen16

Also for some strange reason I seem to be the only person who hates sleep. Definitely doesn't help 'relieve stress' for me. I just get the required 6/7 hours of sleep a night and I'm done. I'm weird I guess...

But don't you get tired? I have to sleep 8 hours, otherwise I'll fall asleep during the day.

I usually try to convince myself not to stress about anything because I know that nothing good can come out of it (and it works for me) and that everything is going to be alright. Otherwise a few beers might help :) (Of course, only if you are of legal age :blink:)

Edited by The Jackal

When I get really stressed out while i'm studying

I just lay down in my bed

play Jason Mraz's "Love for a child" on my iPod (or "Live High" if I get bored with the other one)

and concentrate on my breathing during the whole song

and then get back to study

But when I dont have to study

And I feel stressed

I just grab a blanket

sit on my couch

and watch movies from Broadway Musicals !!

When I get really stressed out while i'm studying

I just lay down in my bed

play Jason Mraz's "Love for a child" on my iPod (or "Live High" if I get bored with the other one)

and concentrate on my breathing during the whole song

and then get back to study

But when I dont have to study

And I feel stressed

I just grab a blanket

sit on my couch

and watch movies from Broadway Musicals !!

At first I thought that was a poem lol

Recently I found that when i am stressed or upset looking out the window is pretty calming. In the day of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Go clubbing. but if you go too much you get sick of it. like strangers tryna get with you and everything.

sometimes relaxing helps. listening to music, reading magazines chilling with friends

my friend has an awesome car so he takes me out to rides at times we chill out at a beach near his house during night time with some music and cruisers and some reds. its pretty good.

shopping works 24/7.

if youre into parties, then go and get crunk when youre REALLY stressed. but sometimes its not really worth it

orr if im stuck at home or if its raining, i look at youtube videos. im really weird, so i look at rollercoasters POV and cute babies and stuff lyk that. or make up tutorials.

download music. read celeb gossip. i guess this is all because im such a stereotypical girl.

i waste alot of time honestly, at least i dnt really go on facebook or MSN anymore :D

For me I make sure to get regular exercise a few times in a week. Makes me feel fresh, or something like that, also keeps my mood up and encourages early bedtimes haha.

I go up in the morning so that I have time to eat breakfast, gives me a nice start of the day. (though I'm not 100% succesful as I tend eating for too long and often find myself running the whole way to morning class...)

Finally it is important to me to have a day in the week where I just meet with my friends and hang out. No school, no stress. I'm surprised only one person above mentioned alcohol, is ethanol taboo in the IB? Or just outside Europe?? Might start a thread on this, it's interesting.

This is like asking "what do you do for procrastination?". Haha...

• Like 1

For me I make sure to get regular exercise a few times in a week. Makes me feel fresh, or something like that, also keeps my mood up and encourages early bedtimes haha.

I go up in the morning so that I have time to eat breakfast, gives me a nice start of the day. (though I'm not 100% succesful as I tend eating for too long and often find myself running the whole way to morning class...)

Finally it is important to me to have a day in the week where I just meet with my friends and hang out. No school, no stress. I'm surprised only one person above mentioned alcohol, is ethanol taboo in the IB? Or just outside Europe?? Might start a thread on this, it's interesting.

This is like asking "what do you do for procrastination?". Haha...

lol i dont know im in New Zealand everyone drinks probably 70% of the IB students