Type II -- Population Trends in China

Karl H T

If any one needs help with this task, I finished it last term, so just ask :P

Got 19/20 points on it.

19/20 is incredible!

how did you get full marks for technology?? could you let me now what kind of applications you use...?

thank youuu!

Hi there, if i use matrix to find a,b,c and d, how do i plot that into a graph?? any idea please??? i m stuck with the question where it says, analytically develop one model function that fits the data points on your graph. On a new set of axes, plot your model and the original data.Commen on how well your model fits the original data.

thank you!

Hey I was wondering how i should graph the dates on the independent axis. Do i just put 1950, 1955, 1960. . . or do i substitute those dates with numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, . . . and if it is the second option do I start at 1 or 0?

Hi everyone, I'm really stucked at the question that asks you to estimate the values of K, L and M. Could someone help me? How do I estimate these values? Thank you.

You use an algorithm which combines aztec and mayan arithmetics in order to find the rough estimates of each of these values.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I'm really stucked at the question that asks you to estimate the values of K, L and M. Could someone help me? How do I estimate these values? Thank you.

You use an algorithm which combines aztec and mayan arithmetics in order to find the rough estimates of each of these values.

Which algorithm?

Which algorithm?

I'm only kidding, just use the logistic function. There I've said it. BTW lol at how gullible you are. I could have been talking about Alien transcripts from PLuto and you would have believed me.

I knew you were kidding... I just didn't want to cause an unpleasant argument around that. Anyway...Thanks!

Edited by Juanse93

how do you graph the researcher's model and the original data on the same graph using EXCEL 2007?

I used Graphmatica or there's also Geogebra, they're both free... google them and use the one you most like.

BTW, anyone know which are the parameters? Thanks...

Edited by Juanse93

I think the variables here would be year and population in millions. Parameters might include greater than or equal to and less than or equal to signs. I'm guessing this question is there, right before the point where you graph it, to help you limit the axis to go from say 500 million to 1250 million, to make it a visible graph (it would be silly to have the years from 0 to 2000 for example). This is just a raw guess thought.. either way, the brunt of the portfolio seems to lie in the actual modelling. I would not spend too much time working on this particular part.

For reference, the term brunt is used when referring to an assault versus the main concept you were trying to convey.

Let me google that for you...

In case your link-clicking capacity is also not up to standard:

"The full adverse effects of; the chief consequences or negative results of a thing or event; The major part of; the bulk"

So you had to Google an Answer. Glad you thought of it.

Hello to everybody!

I am nearly finished with this one, only wondering whether it is better to include graphs that show grids or ones that do not. Does that makes any difference whatsoever?

grids.png

hi,

did you choose a logistic graph straight away when looking at the data points or did you choose something different and then change when you saw the researchers model?

I'm having trouble working with the program, could you please tell me how I can change the axes intervals?

Can anyone please give any advice on how to solve the following system of equations?

554.8=a*e^(b(1950-c))+554.8

609=a*e^(b(1955-c))+554.8

657.5=a*e^(b(1960-c))+554.8

I could not do it by myself or with any of the online equation solvers :P

I am not doing this portfolio and I don't know the aim, but in general if I find this kind of problem, I would draw them on Autograph (or any other graphing software which can do this) replacing a, b and c with x, y and z; then find the intersection point(s). That is the solution.