What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

• 2 weeks later...

Radiologist :D

I wonder if I would have enough time to be a freelance artist on the side. It would be great if I could...

A radiologist friend of mine successfully combined both activities while she was working at Geneva Cantonal Hospital. Her radiology studies had given her a very sharp eye for spotting the tiniest significant details in images, and all her art works concerned the human form.
  • Like 1

Wow!! there sure are a lot of people wanting to do medicine. In my school about 90% of the IBs also want to do medicine. When i was in grade two i remember being asked this very question. I was always fascinated by the cartoons on t.v like Dexter's lab and the adventures of Jimmy neutron so i replied, "I want to be an inventor." i later established that i wanted to be a mechanical engineer but something about it ddnt sound ryt. however in 2008 it all became clear to me...a movie came out which im sure you all know ...."IRON MAN" From that point on wards i finally knew what drew me to those cartoons when i was younger. I knew what i was destined to be :yep: ... A robotics engineer!!! and that is my dream.

• 3 years later...

There is so much things I would love to do in the future, I want to start my youth years trying to see how far I can reach in Competitive football (soccer) and then work as an enengineer trying to help Africa with renewable energy and my goal is to design a new peice of technolgy which wil aid humanity

:)

Well, I'd love to be a plastic surgeon. Not really one that works in Hollywood and gives face-liftings to super-rich superstars, but one that helps people after accidents. I would like to open my own reconstruction clinic in the future to help people return to their normal lives.

I would also like to get a bachelor degree in psychology, I think it would work well with the plastic surgeon :) I would love to understand more about the human brain, how we think, how our environment affects the way we think etc. It's all so fascinating I can't decide between those two, so my dream is to be able to do both :)

My dream one day is to do computational fluid dynamics but since that probably won't happen I'll just take the first really cool sounding chemical engineering job that doesn't require relocating to the barren lands of North Dakota.

I've never had a concrete idea of what I wanted to do lol. I still don't.

Since I was six, I have wanted to become a surgeon. To be more specific, I already have a specialty -> neuro. Funny 'cause I messed up my life now in Y1 of IB when school when counsellor told me that's almost impossible to study medicine (without a scholarship at least), and for the US, internationals have low acceptance rate, so I didn't study almost at all. That's why I have this Fitzgerald's quote in my signature. I don't care about the years spent, time, money, nervs... Surgery's the dream. It's everything.

Edited by Brainer
  • Like 1

My dream one day is to do computational fluid dynamics but since that probably won't happen I'll just take the first really cool sounding chemical engineering job that doesn't require relocating to the barren lands of North Dakota.

I've never had a concrete idea of what I wanted to do lol. I still don't.

You mean developing software for CFD or performing the analysis?

I looked at what I wrote 4 years ago and well, it didn't change much. I still want to be an engineer designing bicycles or bike parts. Or even better doing some R&D on this matter. But unlike 4 years ago, now I'm not quite sure if it's what I want to do MOST. There's quite a long list of things I'd like to do for living and I'm not really sure what really works out in the end.

Edited by Slovakov