Is it normal to have only 6 IB people in your entire school?

jmartin

my first high school in FL we had about 80 people per calss doing IB. at my second high school my graduating class had 6 peopl but the class below our is almost 20 and the one before mine was around 10.

Edit:

that fist school in Fl most likely had a graduating class of over 400, and my second school i knwo that the graduating class was 410.

Edited by IBStuck

My school started this year with 15 students doing the IB, it is now 14.

I believe this to be becuase it is my school's first year, and the other students were worried they (the school) would stuff it up majorly.

Added: Classes - People

Chinese - 2

Psych - 6

Art - 1 (NOT A TYPO)

B&M - 6

English -14 (everyone)

Maths SL - maybe 8 (dont have exact numbers)

Maths Studies - maybe 6 (again, numbers not exact)

There are a handful more subjects (history, film, bio, chem, jap, french) that i dont have numbers for, but they are also small, the only classes with the whole (or close to) 14 students are english, tok and cas...

Edited by Rob

Why would it be abnormal to have so few people doing IB? My class has 12 people in it, and 7 do IB. 4 do certificates and 1 girl is only graduating with a high school diploma. Some of us can't help being in small schools, students<250. But we get more individual attention.

The first year of IB my clase was 20 people (still in the first year) The second year we are probably not more than 14 -15 people.... However I like it that way :( If I was to decide how many we were supposed to be I would say 7 is a good number to go with:D It may also bring some luck to the clase when graduating.

• 2 weeks later...
80ish >.<

Though I would much rather prefer a private school with 1-6 students

Are you sure about that? Seeing the same 10 people every day and spending so much time together has driven me to the point where I don't meet my classmates on the weekends anymore. Sure, students get individual teaching but there's no way to ever avoid seeing your classmates.

My school had a situation a few years ago where 7th grade had 2 students. The only thing they could play in P.E. was tennis or Playstation.

Edited by Vvi

We are only 23.

- 10 in social sciences (anthropology and psychology)

- 13 in sciences (chemistry and physics)

You should have seen the drama the first year we were all together. We couldn't stand each other.

But we had to stick together through tough times (exams ! ) and now everything's fine.

We're about 40 students total doing IB at my school (then I included Pre-DP students too)

In my class we are 9.

Swedish A1: 8

Swedish B: 1

English A2: 8

English A1: 1

Biology: 6

Chemistry: 6

Psychology: 6

History: 5

B&M: 1 (I'm the lonely one)

Maths HL: 1

Maths SL: 1

Math Studies: 7

French B: 3

German B: 1 (I'm the lonely one again)

Are you sure about that? Seeing the same 10 people every day and spending so much time together has driven me to the point where I don't meet my classmates on the weekends anymore. Sure, students get individual teaching but there's no way to ever avoid seeing your classmates.

My school had a situation a few years ago where 7th grade had 2 students. The only thing they could play in P.E. was tennis or Playstation.

Umm 200 at least...maybe even 250.

We had Drama as well, but I dunno. At 6 kids, I would be much more focused and able to work. I could be the "bitch" of the group, and just work and brush people off. lol =)

I am sure about that yes ^_^ at 250 thats a lot as well. hhmmm..overload? I would feel like that at least.