Is it normal to have only 6 IB people in your entire school?

jmartin

In my school English, History, Math, and Bio were packed with people. Most of them partial. Math being the smaller of them. French was also rather large, while Spanish was smaller, and Japanese had 13 people. Physics was also around 12 or something. Though compared to the school population IB students are a minority. No doubt there. In total there could be 100? IB students. Maybe more because the overal graduating class is about 400. So it could even be around 150.

Edited by Dark Matter

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LearningToFly_92

My school is really small in my regular grade we were about 20 students but next august we're going to be only 5 students entering IB, who know how many of us are actually going to finish it! hehe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I'm in a small school, but the school is expanding so we have alot more students now.

In my grade there are 42, or so and all are IB, in the grade above there are like 28.

This is the second year of IB, the class above are the guinea pigs but we hope we get it right.....

16/220+ in my year do IB. The small class sizes mean we get better quality of teaching IMO, but it can be really annoying seeing the same people all the time. Especially now as the rest of the year is off on exams and we aren't. But i've got friends in the other course, so I usually spend any free time with them and the IB group gets along pretty well. I was under the impression that have less than 20 students is pretty normal for IB? Next year at my school there are apparently more interested

• 5 months later...

i believe i am the winner of the smallest ib class contest. There are 2 IB diploma candidates in my class. Were awesome buddies, but we tend to debate everything, until after about an hour of epic debate we realize we were arguing on the same side all along. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My IB school had about 150 or so Pre-IB kids(Our school just got MYP this year) and now it's down to about 107.

Lol, I don't remember that many people dropping out. Most of the kids dropped out the first semester of freshman year because they thought it was too much work lol.