What's your IB School's Diploma Rate?

flsweetheart422

We're the first class at my school, which scares me, because we're kind of the "guinea pigs" for choosing teachers.

I expect ours to probably be around 80%...

Actually, there was one year where a Singapore school, being in their first year, had 9 out of 20 worldwide graduates receive a 45 out of 45 on their diploma. :S

But Singapore has a very tough education system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to think our school kinda sucks...up to this year cause its the year my class graduates >.< Two years ago the passin rate was 49/90 and last year was something like 75/150 or less, lol. This year I think it'll go up to like 120/160 or maybe more because the first two classes were much different than us. Still very few people actually care about gettin the diploma cause it doesn't really help for anything. Most of the other 50% of the ones who failed IB last year ended up in UF, the best college in the state and pretty good countrywide. I have to admit I don't realy care whether I get the diplomma or not...sorry but the truth is that for US colleges it doesn't exactly matter.

My class has 12 students this year, 7 of us are doing Diploma and 5 aren't. There are always few people who don't get the diploma coz they just suck at school in general. Someone 2 years ago got 24 points,but failed because he didn't have 12 points at HL.

I don't have an official number, since our school hasn't told us (which probably means it's not that great) and when we ask the people who graduated before us what they got, they never want to tell us. Our Math teacher told us that it's worse than the world's average.

Highest score ever was 41, and we have some smart people that have gone to St. Andrews, Yale and MIT. Our school isn't selective with students (most international schools I know aren't), so that explains it.

Edited by Vvi

• 2 weeks later...