No social life = IB diploma?

Lan

Ha ha, this is kinda dunny becasue it's the general response that most kids give, but i have a social life. I don't go out and party every night, but i go when i'm free. I love volunteering, adn i meet tons of new people. That adds to social life. Besides after exams are through, all everyone does is party, relax, hang out. :help:

Well, I do have a social life, and I'm in IB, BUT not as much as the people who aren't in IB.

I mean, there's people who go hang out at the mall everyday after school, and I could never do that because of the amount of work. I still go out on weekends and such, and I guess that's considered having a social life, but I usually have to take half a day off (or a day) to study for tests and do work.

Meaning, we all have lives, but we could be out SO MUCH MORE if we weren't taking IB.

Social Life? hmm.. I think, I got more socialize with IB,...doing CAS with all the volunteering works and class based project get me connected.

However, I do admit that it is very busy being an IB student. No doubt on that.

But, one thing is that, most of my friends who is non IB will ask this questions:

"IB? What's that?"

You guys can also take a look at this links which provides the world’s largest conglomeration of nerdy quotations...

http://www.ibquotes.com/

I love this topic! I admit that IB is very taxing when it comes to work, but if you organize yourself and your work you have no problem having a social life. I'm not one for going out much (hence the name), but my friends who are damn smart go out all the time. One of them is my all time rival in class ( I beat him this time tho :) ) and he is always partying after exams are through.

So I disagree with the rumor. Socializing isn't a problem just because we have a lot of work. Those of us who want them definitely have lives :) .

It hasn't taken off the social life away from me completely as I am still meeting people a lot outside school, but inside school, I must admit that I hardly see anybody else (or register anybody else) than my fellow IB friends. And we do a lot at home for homeworks and so on. But else, yes, I still do have my social life, even though not in the extent I had it before.

I don't have a problem with maintaining my IB life and my social life. I usually work best during the mornings, so I wake up at a reasonable hour during the holidays or the weekends and study till about 4 or 5, after that I go out with friends. That being said, I'm going to push myself to the maximum on study leave, however all work and no play makes Leen a very dull girl, so there has to be a balance.

Time management is the key, it has worked well so far for me.

I actually find time to complete or do anything at the end of the day its time management. Theres 24 hours in a day realisticly you can do anything (except save the world). On the weekends I go paintballing, swimming, playing games and I got to parties. But if I have an assingment due soon I will go home and do it, nothing else.

Its called not procrastinating, it saves time!

I think IB is over rate, I am IB 1 my brother is now in University finshed IB with all his friends they literally had a life of 1000 they were able to work and have fun two words MANAGE TIME, I think that if IBC is good they will know when to give you oral exams or WL or other IA's we do two or three maximum a month and we finsh alot just TIME MANAGEMENT and a little bit of cafine does it

* Still IB1 sure next year ill be taking all i said back Lol

i guess IB students in the first year of IB have a enough social life, while doing all their work. I think it's because we've already learned some stuff in IGCSE and now review it again. But then it is also true that CAS activities take much time and limits our life too (maybe it can be opposite too.) Actually, i still do what I want even though I have something to study for IB, so I don't know if I could have a social life if I study all the parts I am required to study.. :D

i guess IB students in the first year of IB have a enough social life, while doing all their work. I think it's because we've already learned some stuff in IGCSE and now review it again.

But then it is also true that CAS activities take much time and limits our life too (maybe it can be opposite too.) Actually, i still do what I want even though I have something to study for IB, so I don't know if I could have a social life if I study all the parts I am required to study.. ^_^

As for the IG thing its 100% true i took ig exams and helped alot but for the CAS come one IB is giving 150 of fun! wether your screaming at the guy next to you in a Trip or helping out your t4eacher or even cutting out posters for the school Open-day its suppose to be fun and i always thought that school is suppose to provide 2 classes a week for CAS but i have friends across the world who dont! like our school gives us every sunday (school day here in jordan) 2 classes ( 45 min each ) every 2 months we change activity i have been through Toast Masters ( speech speaking skills) and Photography next semester i took up first aid and writing , so is that what schools are suppose to do like i said i got friends whose scool doesnt do so.

Haha no I don't have a social life if "social life" means something like going to the parties and stuff. But then even if I didn't do IB I would still not have a social life (I personally hate dancing and/or drinking, as well as having to get out of my bed during weekend/holidays), so I guess that doesn't matter.

• 5 weeks later...