No social life = IB diploma?

Lan

ohh man, i just hope i can concentrate on my homework for ONCE.

this is how i do my homework

get back home

switches on the PC

goes facebooking and chatting and listening to music

switches off facebook

continues to listen to music and chat

and do my homework

when continues to listen to music and chats

lol, that would be me too :P i get it all done though... eventually.

Zero - it's summer! :P

I wish it was true all the time, but even now I have to start doing something every day in order to finish all the summer work I've got. But last school year I did about three hours of homework a night.

As for a social life, I never really had one so...yeah.

That's sort of the case with me too!

you may disagree but if you just stick by saying "work hard, play hard" and "many a false step is made standing still" or something along those lines, you find yourself with lots of free time, well not lots but enough...during a good part of the first year of IB i kinda procrastinated at times, wasted time and found myself with little free time because i didn't work efficiently.

Now i have found more motivation...i kind of focus on on thing at a time, work hard on just that activity..cross it of my list and move on. i find i get things done much quicker and have more free time to choose whether i revise, do extra work, go out, play sport and so on, which is a great feeling!

i think to create free time, working effectively is important. it is not how much time you spend working but how you use the time.

there is a cool blog which i drew a lot of ideas and motivation from.

http://blog.lodewijkvdb.com/ (scroll to the end of page)

Edited by sa-mowgli

Omg u guys 7 hours of reviewing?

Anyway, I have a social life with the IB diploma. I don't feel socially deprived actually, sometimes I do sure, naturally. I can't study for more than 3-4 hours max. But that doesn't happen consecutively. I try to narrow it down to 2 hours everyday. My attention span isn't very strong. I get easily distracted, so I take loads of breaks. But if the occasion goes for it, I can go for a 6 hour intense study session, though prefer not to.

I find that having a boyfriend outside of IB would be difficult. Therefore I am not dating. All of the successful kids at my school, including me :P , pledged to no dating till after high school. Also, I think as far as my social life I have a perfect life. I have ONE best friend, who has adapted to the IB switch, and she doesnt go there. We live near each other and I can vent about IB to her and she understands it. She knows the program because of me. Then I listen to her crap = friendship.

I am not obligated to call, like last week was bad so I didnt call for as week. Bottom line is, there are no rules to our friendship - and the state of it is always evolving.

I am a firm believer in the simplicity of the IB equation

No social life = 7's on Bio and Chem HL, 30 + Diploma, medical student acceptance + intuition.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I was expecting this year (last one of IB) to be a lot more time-consuming than last year, so far it doesn't seem that way. But I think last year most of the time I was complaining or I was stressed most of the time and I didn't handle the concept of deadlines very well. Now that I'm used to it, I know my strengths and my weaknesses, so I can deal with them.

At the moment I have to study one to two hours a day during the eek, and about 4 hours a day on weekends. I have to admit I haven't started with my EE intensively yet....I just did some research and I still have to do the tok stuff. Today I'm concentrating on the tok essay outline.

• 1 month later...

I felt like I was able to maintain a normal social life while in IB. I didn't party every single weekend, but I wouldn't have done that anyways even if I wasn't in IB.

I still had time for my boyfriend.

I volunteered, went shopping, had girls nights, etc.

And the IB parties were fantastic, we would have IB study parties, IB end of exams parties, etc..over Christmas break one year, we went out 5 nights in a row.

Hmm..

I have a girlfriend that's actually pretty? she's a singer? 'nuff said? : )

No, but seriously it's true that IB takes time even from slacker like me, but you CAN have a life and pass the exams (hopefully).

PS. Oh, forgot, I'm a bassist for a metal band so I guess that my life doesn't count even if I wasn't a IB :/

i went through IB and i had a great social life. i didn't party every night that i could but i don't do that now that i am in college and could. and yes just before exams i was pretty mich study study study. and sure most of my friedns were in IB, but we still had just a much fun as those who decided not to do IB.

i am actually going to move in with a few people that i did IB with in the fall of next year.

yeh im also IB1 and everyones going on about how your not going to have a social life, for IB1 im guessing the opposite and with 150hours of CAS also proves that you have some social life there, and as far as i can tell IB1 is living a normal life (other than the work load when you leave it last minit)

I honestly could not tell you that I have the free time to do anything. In a given week off from school, I sometimes don't complete all the tasks I need (SAT, online classes ,study ahead, write notes, look ahead, read the books, analyze literature, look at IB questions, practise my languages).

I traveled not too long ago, and wherever I went - the IB kids said they had the same type of strenuous schedule. The rumor is true for the most of us :P

I think its based on classes. I have extremely smart friends, who take ITGS + SL math, and those type of classes. They breeze through the work and enjoy fooling around :P

hey fellow IBs.. As an IB student, when others hear that I am in this program, they immediately assume that I have no social life. Speak out comrades, this is not the case! (most of the time anyway :P )

I'd just like to take this quick opp. to say I adore you. There is something very inspiring at looking at your signature, and seeing two 7's at the Bio & chem area :P