2013 UCAS Applicants Thread

Gaby

Applied to:

School of Oriental and African Studies - Politics and Development Studies - Pending

University of East Anglia - International Development, Social Anthropology and Politics (with overseas experience) - Offer 32 (4 in maths, 3 in English HL)

University of Sussex - International Relations and Development - Offer 35

University of Manchester - Development Studies and Politics - Pending

Kingston University - History and Human Rights - Pending

Predicted 7/7/6 at HL, 39 points in total (including 1 core point).

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, got my first UCAS reply.. Denied :P Then again, it was ICL, which was a lul-why-not school for me... Here's the rest:

University of Sussex (?)

University of Edinburgh (?)

University of Nottingham (?)

University of Birmingham (?)

ICL (Nope...)

All for MSci in Comp Sci/Software Engineering. Sussex, Nottingham, Birmingham are my targets (34-36), Edinburgh would be sweet but is a bit higher (38 i think)... Will update this as I hear back.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here going to LSE's visit day for offer holders? It would be nice to chat a bit with fellow IB students :)

My application so far:

King's College, London (LLB) - Pending

LSE (LLB) - Offer, 38 points with 766 in HL subjects

Queen Mary's, University of London (LLB) - Offer, 36 points with 666 in HL subjects

UCL (LLB) - Offer, 39 points with 19 points in HL subjects

University of Warwick (LLB) - Pending

• Like 1

Anyone here going to LSE's visit day for offer holders? It would be nice to chat a bit with fellow IB students :)

My application so far:

Queen Mary's, University of London (LLB) - Offer, 36 points with 666 in HL subjects

A fellow LSE-er? Or at least a potential one? How exciting! Let me know if you have any questions about the Law programme. I'm about to graduate out of it, so I know what it's like. :)

Ok so I see lawyers, doctors, philosophers, and business people...I only have one question. Where are my engineering brothers and sister at?? I will represent!!

Offers

University of Manchester (MEng Mechatronics)- 37 (666) and 5 for English A1

University of Leeds (MEng Mechantronics and Robotics)- 37, 5 in maths HL and 4 in English A1

UCL (MEng Electriconics engineering with computer science)-pending

University of shefield (MEng Mechatronics and Robotics)- 35, 6 in Maths HL and Physics HL

Imperial college London (MEng Mechanical engineering)- Pending

• Like 1

My application so far:

A fellow LSE-er? Or at least a potential one? How exciting! Let me know if you have any questions about the Law programme. I'm about to graduate out of it, so I know what it's like. :)

LSE is definitely my first choice! Yeah, I have a question, but it's not strictly about the Law programme - what are your thoughts and opinions regarding the LSE100 course? How much did it add to your workload?

My application so far:

LSE is definitely my first choice! Yeah, I have a question, but it's not strictly about the Law programme - what are your thoughts and opinions regarding the LSE100 course? How much did it add to your workload?

The LSE100 programme is a joke and being a former IB student, you can walk into the exam with absolutely no prep and get a distinction. I did. Nobody really attends the lectures/classes for LSE100, I probably attended 4/20 classes and 1.5/20 lectures in a year. Go figure!

• 4 months later...

Maybe we should all put our final decisions in this thread?

University of St. Andrews class of 2017

Good idea!

LSE class of 2016. Pretty sure it says that in my signature though :P

Ooh fancy. LSE is amazing, both my friends who had LSE offers missed them.