2013 UCAS Applicants Thread

Gaby

God dammit Oxford, why does it take you THAT long...

I completely agree, the fact that they only send it off as a letter (for Cambridge anyway) is pretty annoying as well. Having said that, it's better than the other universities that wait until they have everyone's applications on the 15th of January before they start sorting them and sending out offers. The wait is so agonising D:

I completely agree, the fact that they only send it off as a letter (for Cambridge anyway) is pretty annoying as well. Having said that, it's better than the other universities that wait until they have everyone's applications on the 15th of January before they start sorting them and sending out offers. The wait is so agonising D:

It's less than a month wait. I don't know why people are complaining it's really long. Some universities take months to reply with an offer or rejection (Not mentioning

any names Durham.)

It's less than a month wait. I don't know why people are complaining it's really long. Some universities take months to reply with an offer or rejection (Not mentioning

any names Durham.)

It's a longer wait than finding out about the interview, and it's over christmas haha.

any names Durham.)

It's a longer wait than finding out about the interview, and it's over christmas haha.

Durham gave me an offer faster than Oxford.

I can't believe Oxford changes its offer date THIS YEAR. I could've already known, had I been last year's cohort :(

anyone applying in the business field (business and finance etc), if so, please let me know the universities you've applied to.

you've made multiple threads about universities. We could help you a lot more if you told us what you're predicted or something. Also, are you applying this cycle or not?

did i? sorry, i don't even remember!

My predicted grades, since i have no idea what they are but my guess is around 34 which is quite low.

I'm pretty puzzled about the universities though and which course to choose. I was considering Engineering but i'm taking SL math when most of the unis require HL so there's no point of applying to them and getting rejected.

I will be applying through UCAS by 7th of January (first week back from holidays) and i'm still confused about my first choices lol. I just don't want to live in places like London as they are quite expensive to afford, so that's a priority as well.

My predicted grades, since i have no idea what they are but my guess is around 34 which is quite low.

I'm pretty puzzled about the universities though and which course to choose. I was considering Engineering but i'm taking SL math when most of the unis require HL so there's no point of applying to them and getting rejected.

I will be applying through UCAS by 7th of January (first week back from holidays) and i'm still confused about my first choices lol. I just don't want to live in places like London as they are quite expensive to afford, so that's a priority as well.

What are your current choices? and what are you applying for? Seeing as you might not apply for engineering.

What are your current choices? and what are you applying for? Seeing as you might not apply for engineering.

Kent (computing and business administration), Exeter (BA business and accounting)

Do tell me if they are fine universities and fits the criteria i mentioned before. My main focus is business but i've also been told that i can do MBA whenever i want and maybe try to go for mechanical or computer engineering at Bachelors level

• 2 weeks later...

Applied to:

Durham - Combined Honours in Arts (Arabic, History and English Literature) - PENDING.

St Andrews - Modern History and Arabic - OFFER 36

Edinburgh - Arabic and History - OFFER 34

Manchester - Modern Middle Eastern History and Arabic - OFFER 35

Glasgow - History - OFFER 34

Predicted 7,7/6, 6 at HL

764 at SL and 2 core points!