2013 UCAS Applicants Thread

Gaby

Good people of IBS.

Since the application deadline for Oxbridge and all the fancy Med courses is on Monday, and people sometimes send their applications off earlier (or already know where they're going to apply in January), I decided to make this thread. This way, we can all moan about how much stress it is to wait for offers and meet people applying to the same unis.

Therefore, post your predictions and choices here, so we can keep it all nice and organised. :D

soooooo....

My predictions are in my signature, so I'm not going to repeat myself. ;)

Choices:

Oxford (Merton) - Law (BA in Jurisprudence)

LSE - Law

QMUL - English and European Law

Newcastle - Law

Exeter - Law with European Study

Let's get this thread going! :D

• Like 1

Cambridge (King's) - Natural Sciences

Edinburgh - Ecological & Environmental Science

St Andrews - Zoology

Bristol - Environmental Geoscience

Glasgow - Animal Biology

Currently procrastinating my SAQ (anyone else have trouble trying to not only decide on their life plan, but also fit it under 300 characters?)

Oxford - History & Politics

LSE - History & International Relations

UCL - History

St Andrews - Modern History & International Relations

Edinburgh - History & Politics

Oxford deadline is tomorrow...and I still need to get the buzzword to apply, and get it to my referee, but the person who is responsible for giving it to me is having a hard time finding the username to be able to log in and get me the buzzword.

This could end very badly.

• Like 1

Oxford deadline is tomorrow...and I still need to get the buzzword to apply, and get it to my referee, but the person who is responsible for giving it to me is having a hard time finding the username to be able to log in and get me the buzzword.

You're going to have a lot of pestering to do. Has your reference been written?

• 1 month later...

This thread's lagging a bit and I find that talking about university plans is a good motivator for IB so I'll restart it. I've got offers from Glasgow (32) and Bristol (35, 666) and I got an invitation for interview for the 5th of December and King's Cambridge :D Anyone else heard anything? I think the BMAT results came out the other day as well, so how did anyone do in those?

This thread's lagging a bit and I find that talking about university plans is a good motivator for IB so I'll restart it. I've got offers from Glasgow (32) and Bristol (35, 666) and I got an invitation for interview for the 5th of December and King's Cambridge :D Anyone else heard anything? I think the BMAT results came out the other day as well, so how did anyone do in those?

Nottingham - 34

interview for King's college, Cambridge 4th December.

Well done on your offers and invitations so far :)

You're going to have a lot of pestering to do. Has your reference been written?

Whooooooooops, didn't see this :o

It's all good x] got the application in an hour before it was due...:D

Nottingham - 34

interview for King's college, Cambridge 4th December.

Well done on your offers and invitations so far :)

Thanks, you too! My friends both got offered 34 (one for maths and one for international relations) at Nottingham. King's is so beautiful, I can't wait for my interview, I just need to catch up on my reading...

Which college, Gaby?

Predicted scores:

EE (English A1) : A

ToK: A

HL English A1 7

HL Chemistry 7

HL Economics 7

SL French B 7

SL Chemistry 7

SL History 7 from last year.

UCAS:

King's College London (Politics, Philosophy and Law): Conditional offer - 39 and 5 at English A1 HL

University College London (Law): Pending

University College London (European Social and Political Studies dual-degree): Interview

London School of Economics and Political Science (Law): Pending

Magdalen College, Oxford (Jurisprudence): Interview

Edited by Tony Stark

• 2 weeks later...