what subjects are you taking next year? (2014 class)

milk

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Coffeechristy

I was going to take,

English HL

Visual arts HL

Biology HL

Buisness and management SL

Math Studies

Danish SL

Here's the tricky part though. As i'm starting in Pre-IB, i'm just realizing how bad i am at Biology. So, i might change it to something like this..

English HL

Visual arts HL

Biology SL

History HL

Math Studies

Danish SL

My school doesn't offer psychology but i'd really like to take that as a humanities subject instead of History. I've heard that history is more important to universities though.

• 4 weeks later...

English SL

Arabic SL

Business & management HL

Chemistry HL

Physics HL

Math HL

It's a tough schedule but I'm managing to keep up with the work, for now at least, but I'm happy with it and enjoy all my HL subjects so that makes the workload a bit more tolerable

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HayashiEsme

HL: Biology, English Literature, Economics

SL: Mathematics, History, Chinese B

for me, ahah! I hope it pays off! I just took down HL Chem to bring up English Literature and introduce SL History into my combination. Haven't done History in 2 years! This should be interesting:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

HL-English A

HL-Chemistry

HL-History (Might do bio instead, who knows.)

SL-Maths

SL-French B

SL-Biology

I'm very concerned about keeping as many pathways as possible open, so all of this is subject to change. Except for maths, I'm sure I'm going to drop to SL soon.

• 2 weeks later...

HL English

HL Psychology / HL History

HL Economics / HL Business Management

SL Math

SL Physics / SL Biology

SL Hindi

Some pointers on the undecided subjects would be appreciated :P:)

HL Psychology - I find it quite interesting but you do need to remember quite a lot of studies so just be prepared and make sure to keep up to date with your notes :)

HL Business Management - I enjoy it but there is a LOT to know. I believe it is more practical than economics (though don't quote me). Look through the syllabus of both economics and business and see which one looks more attractive to you :)

SL Physics vs Biology - Seriously think about this carefully. I do physics sl. Do physics if you have a sustained passion for it and you are good at application. A lot of problem solving involves so be prepared. Think about your reasons of why you want to do physics and see whether it is truly the best option :)

• 4 weeks later...

i'm gonna take:

HL Bio

HL Chemistry

HL Economics

SL Math

SL English A2

SL German A1

i'm afraid of economics and really exctited to do bio and chem smile.png

OhMyGosh I am going to do Bio and Chem toooo!!!! And I am excited for it as well XD!!! We can survive it together with those that are doing so now and that so before us!

I am doing

Maths HL

Chem

Physics

Econimics

Hindi SL

English SL

I haven't chosen the other 2 HL ones and was thinking to decide depending on what scores i get overall by the end of this year...

I had originally thoughr of doing Maths, chem and physics HL (like the person above me) but people say it's the suicide combo :/ I suppose it depends on the individual's strengths though and I know i cant do well in essays so science it may well be.