Who did you like learning about in History?

FRdupuis

• 2 weeks later...

hey!

i actually think that i enjoyed all of the topics i learned in history.

i enjoyed learining about totalitarian dictatorships, mostly Hitler's fascist regime.

I'm taking history of Europe and the Middle East.

Even if many of my classmates didn't like learning about the middle east i thought that the implications of the treaty of sevres and lausanne were very interesting.

We're currently doing Renaissance in Italy, which is purtyyyy interesting, didn't think I'd be in to it as much as I am, I didn't realise it was so much more than art!

I also went out to buy Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood, because it has a lot of references to the Renaissance, as it is based in that period.

• 4 weeks later...

Our class focused on the rise of single-party leaders, with some time dedicated to causes and consequences of WW1 and WW2 and the causes of the Cold War. I really liked the international relations aspect of the course (ie Paper 1, causes/consequences of WWs and causes of CW) and found the single-party states part comparatively dull. I do wish our school had offered Route 1 History, however, as the older the time period being studied is, the more interesting I tend to find it; I wish there was IB classical studies.

• 1 month later...

haha yeah emy but admittedly I enjoyed reading about Mao as well :D the international relations and inter war topic are my favorite parts though (including collective security, appeasement,...), so how the relations between countries changed between WWI and WWII and even after WWII. I suppose I should find it most interesting, seeing that I want to study it haha

Mao, Stalin, Hitler were all pretty interesting, as was the Cold War. Pretty fun to learn. Found most domestic policies to be blegh though -.- Not my thing at all.

Hate learning about Qing China, Meiji's hit and miss. China 1912-49 is just really confusing IMO.

All in all though: I liked learning about modern history for IB, don't like the exams haha :guilty:

Hi guys,

So I was wondering what person that was discussed your History classes you found most interesting and why?

For me, I thought Castro was the most interesting because of his background and the way he rose to power.

For me Castro was a very, very boring person to learn about, anyway the persons I hate the most learning from are everyone related with China, Vietnam and Korea, I don't know why but I just can't seem to pay attention to those guys. The ones I really love learning from are Hitler and Stalin, followed by Kennedy, Reagan, Eisenhower and Nixon. I just really find all of them, specially Stalin and Hitler, very interesting to learn from. I remember EVERYTHING I've seen in class about those two.