Share your priceless IB quotes!

MissyMurphy

You know you're in IB when the most use you've had for your Group 2 language is to talk about people who are sitting in the same room as you. :blum:

You know you're in IB when your teacher tells you that the assigned essay will be around a page or two, and immediately everyone asks if it can be longer.

You know you're in IB when you convince yourself that you'll be doing the assignment in advance, only to wait until the night before it's due to do it.

Edited by christran

• 2 weeks later...

Chem Teacher: It seems I made a mistake. You were meant to use 4 pellets of Sodium Hydroxide, not 40g. This is 10 molar solution. If you burn yourself, not only are you incapable of following instructions, you are also too dull to do HL Chemistry.

Or:

Chem: Skywalker died on Tatooine.

Me: He died on the Death Star.

Chem: That's Darth Vader.

Me: He's Anakin Skywalker

Chem: How do you know I wasn't talking about Padme?

Me: Because she died on Polis Massa.

Me: Do you know anyone who died on Tatooine?

Chem: Theory of Krap has you good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is from early last year when we were all relatively new level ones, during a debate over the legalisation of marijuana as a follow-up to a ToK presentation:

IB2: "Think about it, who's more likely to cause trouble at a party? The drunk is going to be bottling somebody while the stoner is laying on the couch asking for chips."

*cue laughter*

The Doc (white, hilarious, highly academic male in probably his 60's; ToK, Classics, Philosophy and Literature teacher): "Actually, I can attest to that; this one time I was at a Rasta party..."

*cue raucous laughter*

Doc, continues, with a wry half-smile: "... and everybody was inhaling something.. else. I must say, the atmosphere was quite pleasantly relaxed."

It took us weeks to recover from that one.

• 2 weeks later...

our motto is "IB therefore I think. I think therefore I stress. I stress therefore I BS." There's always "IB trippin'" but one time when we were doing class work in english, our english teacher was looking around the room to see who had their paper vertical and who had it horizontal for writing. she saw that most of us had our paper vertical, and she said she usually does horizontal. and so she concluded "this ib class does it vertical"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So in HL math, we were doing a problem for differential calculus and we somehow, weren't suppose to get a bigger number, but did anyway(it was the wrong answer).

Teacher: "That's how Jesus made so much food for all those people out of so little bread and fish! He used calculus!"

The whole class gave him an encore. Me and a couple of my friends just walked out of class saying we were done lol.

• 6 months later...

Someone in my TOK class - sir, can we do a presentation on how un-ethical IB is toward students?

We all laughed pretty hard at that :P

Also TOK - Someone was doing a presentation about how video games can make people violent, so people shouldn't play video games

Teacher - So how about this, one time, I was wearing yellow socks at school, and I shot the principal. Does that mean that every time I wear yellow socks I automatically feel violent? So I should be banned from wearing yellow socks?

English - we were talking about the metaphor 'having butterflies in the stomach'.

Someone in class - so it is two people who are... accomplices of each other.
Class XD
Next day, talking about Othello
Teacher - So we become accomplices with Iago against Othello

Someone else - accomplices with butterflies in our stomachs.

Sounds weird but we laughed a lot!

Edited by wings