Childhood Memories

Juanito

One thing that IB makes you realize is how you really miss childhood. So the question is: What is your favorite childhood memory?

Mine is the whole year of Pre-K. So easy back then :)

Childhood memory eh? That would have to be, not caring about what is going around you. I would remember the time I would just run around campus and play tag with my friends. Haha! Until we sweat ourself to the point that we look like we just came out of the shower :( And when having your first crush was actually a big thing, and that I was soooo motivated in aiming for the top in my class or at least maintain myself in the top 5 :) Plus the fact of tryna be good in both English (which I did) and Science (which I was beaten to it). And when bullies as well were a factual thing :)

I just look at this thread, and I realise how time passes us all by so quickly, I feel kind of sad. I remember my childhood as clear as anything, those times of pure joy, without a care in the world (..and who could believe me- doing the IB now, a few years back I wouldn't have even imagined doing this course, and I hadn't even heard of it!!) My favourite childhood memory has to be the countless times, my parents would take me to our local park, a beautiful park, in the summer with fresh flowers and the scent of freshly mown grass (mmmmm..) wafting in the air, in order to sit and have a nice, old fashioned picnic. Those were good days...times when you had no sense of responsibility, when youur parents were responsible for you. I just hope that in the end all this IB procrastination is worth it....

Edited by Derek
  • Like 3

oh god. this made my day.

probably when i was 4 and i used to go with my big brother who is 7 years older than me, to the 7ara ( i dont knw wat you guys call it in english but it's like a neighborhood meeting place) for 4 years until they boys i used to hang out with found out i was a girl, and it was through a fight when i kicked sm kids butt, for saying i punched like a girl. o.O hmmm yup i was sort of a tom boy! :S

• Like 1

I think my best childhood memories were with a really close friend. Him and I always use to try make formula one cars out of cardboard. I remember the time I got a new TV and immediately I started building the frame work for the car and would quickly call my friend to come join me. It may sound stupid now but last time I remember it was really fun and use to enjoy myself :D The funniest moment that my mom reminded me of was when I tried making a tree house out of a box.lol wonder what was going into my head at that time. Frequently i think of all those times, and how everything was so calm. No HW to worry about, just fun and games. Wish time didn't have to go one way ;)

Awwww childhood memories.

My childhood, up to 9 or 10 years old were in two different countries with two completely different cultures.

The first was Japan, where I was born and lived in until i was 6 years old. I get so emotional and happy when I remember my nursery/kindergarten. I probably only remember the very last of the nursery part but the kindergarten I remember very well. I had the same 'teacher' ever since I was in nursery (1 year old) up till we had the kindergarten graduation, haha.

Not sure if there are any japanese people here or those who grew up in Japan, but I remember that 'sports' day we used to have..with the typical white shirts with the red or blue bands. Also a certain ceremony I cant remember what it's called..but the whole drums and grinding the rice thing!

Oh and the yellow hats! I still have mine..haha with the name tag.

One of the best childhood memories I had was a very embarassing thing for me to say until I admitted it to my parents and they were like "WHAT?"

So I had this japanese best friend in our complex..every sunday morning she came under my window..called my name and trough little stones on my window, but always made sure my parents dont see her. I wake up..quickly get dressed and leave the house..VERY quietly, I was very quiet back then. Don't know if this is the case in all japanese cities, but with mine there was a company that brought 2 stacks, 12 bottles each of milk in front of every door sunday morning (subscription of course). So we went around all the houses in the complex..drinking 2 bottles of milk from each house. I LOVED milk back then..and we would just drink bottle after bottle until we can't drink anymore. We were milk thieves..haha.

The thing is..an old lady once found us doing that and she talked to us and all...and gave us two bottles each and we went home. :D

The next sunday...we did the same thing. -.-

Also the rhymes and songs! The only i remember what it's called is " Sakuuura..Sakuura.." something something sakura. ;)

Best childhood memory? It has to be the one time when I was small, it snowed and I made a ' snowman ' - I went back inside all excited and told everyone I made a snowman, and they came rushing out, expecting to see this huge thing on the lawn, but instead were met with a teeny tiny thing about knee high. The look on their faces ... ! If you ask me, I still think it was a proper snowman - the fact that it was for built for fairies and elves is irrelevant!! :-)