IB girls/women

crazian

have to say that i'm an IB chick and i do not talk about workload ALL of the time. sometimes yes, but don't we all?

all the IB girls are lovelyin my class...it's the boys to look out for. lol. however my whole IB class... all 15 of us!! ....are normal. we are the first Ib class to go thru my school.. and the first psych class in my state! but the girls are really normal at my school!

So in my school, I'm in the 2009 candidate class.

There are like 110 something girls, and only like 14 guys.

It'd be nice, but only a handful are semi-attractive.

Whenever you talk to an IB girl, All they wanna talk about is bitch about how much homework they have, they're progress on their current IA, or talk bad about the teachers. It's really bad.

Girls:

Are you like this in other schools?

NO.. Not all girls are like that... especiiiallly mee.. i HATE talking about school. I spend 2-3 hours on hw a night and the rest i talk on the fone. half of my friends are in ib and half arent.. there are probably more girls than guys in my ib program but the guys are great friends but just tooo nerdy .. but as for the girls. i find them to be bitchy but not when it comes to hw instead normal girl stuff

My class is really small (only 15), and there is NO guys taking the full diploma!! (one is taking a few courses). The class (which is all girls), talks about "how hard the homework is" about 75% of the time.

Annoying? Yes.

My classes are really small to we have about 12 with the diploma and about 15 it you count the certificate students and we have 1 guy getting the diploma and the three getting the certificates are also boys they just couldn't keep up.

• 1 month later...

well at my school, me and my friends dont limit ourselves with ib programs and assignments.

we still go to movies, malls, concerts, parties, etc. hahahhaa.

and we barely talks about our assignments (except if we want to help each other out in homeworks).

so for me,ib girls are not that scary. neither are ib boys. kaka.

since i'm in indonesia, so its like 75% are indonesian and the other 25% are korean. ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

well, next year pretty much all the boys minus about 7 are dropping out...

and my coordinator said theres more girls coming and 1 boy..

plus 17 mexicans, for 6 months :P

but number 1.

IB couples shouldn't happen.

because to me, the ib kids are llike a family, you spend everyday

and it just doesnt feel right, in-dating with the other ib kids.

minus the lack of choice,.

number 2.

but the girls don't talk about IB at all really.

unless we need help with an assignment or something

then we'll be like so, how are you going with it? wanna help me :)

we're not bitchy, and we're always nice to the boys./

so i think you just lucked out.

IB couples shouldn't happen.

because to me, the ib kids are llike a family, you spend everyday

and it just doesnt feel right, in-dating with the other ib kids.

minus the lack of choice,.

Haha, my boyfriend and I started dating in November of IB1 (so the first couple of months) before we all became family. Now that I think about it, if it had been IB2, where we really all became our "IB family", it would've been so weird to go out with him.

Ahah, funny thing. The IB part of my school (~75 students per year) is like a whole matchmaking place. There are probably something like fifteen couples of ex-IB students who are known to be married now, and who started dating during the IB. The two years before mine ('07 and '08) seemed to date between themselves much more than my year has done, though; after Pre-IB there's been quite little dating, actually. (Or maybe I just stopped paying attention...)

It was really funny when our IB coordinator was first presenting the Extended Essay to our year. He was showing examples of past titles, and he'd go "... and he's now married to xx who graduated the same year" or "... and she went out with The Guy Who Got 45" and stuff like that -all- the time. If it hadn't been for the seriousness of the EE, we'd probably all have been lying on the floor laughing.

As regards the ratio between boys and girls in my year, I seriously don't know, but it seems pretty even. What I think is more interesting is the distribution over subjects: for example, practically only girls study a third language, for some reason, and mostly girls study Chemistry HL.

• 2 months later...

My Class: WE are total 34 its about 50 50 guys to girls and half of the girls are certificate and taking Arts and those subjects and other half Diploma with bio/physcis/chem etc... Same for guys we have hlaf doing this hafl doing that but...... girls are mainly just sitting with us guys joking eating lunch etcc.. not much fighting anymore

My brother's classs who was a 08er was only 12 in class 3 were girls they stook together the whole way ( meaning guys and girls like glue)

haha what kind of question is that?!

ironically in my class theres a grand total of 22 people and theres 5 guys, rest are girls.

we ain't THAT bad, but now that i think about it we do whinge alot but we all whinge together as a class since everyone's getting the same amount of work afterall,

so to your question i guess it's a no o-O;

Well, considering I'm in an all-girl's school, I can't really say how IB boys behave. But, not all IB girls bitch! I mean, yes, I do the occasional "OMG IF I HAVE TO DO ONE MORE BIO LAB I'M GOING TO KEEL OVER", but that's just human nature.

I say, the ones who complain all the time would complain all the time whether they joined IB or not. =P

In my school, if your asian, your in the IB program.

I'm the only Japanese guy in my school though. The rest of the asians are nerdy chinese and koreans.

The hot ones go to other schools ;)

hahahahaha :) the smartest person in our IB class is asian, well Chinese, and is brilliant however, she is the only asian doing the IB diploma in the senior class...we only have nine

Wow, hahaha, OKAY. Most IB girls, I find, are just like any other girls. Same with IB guys. IB kids are ambitious, sure, but most people aren't so to the extent that they become robots.

And personally, I wish I was a GUY because it's so much easier finding decent-looking girls as opposed to decent-looking guys. Girls are more aesthetically pleasant in general. I've met handfuls upon handfuls of guys that made me disgusted because they were so ... strange-looking, but never have I met a girl that induced that feeling in me. Haha, I sound like a jerk... and a lesbian, but I assure you, I'm neither. I was just a bit offended by the tone of the original post.

If IBs dated each other, all you'd do is talk about school.

It's happened.... too much. There are ... let me count. 4-6 more or less official couples in my IB class(es).

It's BAD. I think those who DON'T have gfs/bfs in IB are way better off. Those that do just get more depressed somehow. I'd discuss the reasons for these voluntary failures at life, but that would take too long and it's getting late :/

Just know that IB kids are NOT NORMAL don't be deceived. Run if you're still sane!

And personally, I wish I was a GUY because it's so much easier finding decent-looking girls as opposed to decent-looking guys. Girls are more aesthetically pleasant in general. I've met handfuls upon handfuls of guys that made me disgusted because they were so ... strange-looking, but never have I met a girl that induced that feeling in me.

I assure you, there are lots of ugly girls, especially in my IB classes... to the extent that there is only 1 that's ok looking and I wouldn't date her only because of her personality.

Edited by Tarz

It's happened.... too much. There are ... let me count. 4-6 more or less official couples in my IB class(es).

It's BAD. I think those who DON'T have gfs/bfs in IB are way better off. Those that do just get more depressed somehow. I'd discuss the reasons for these voluntary failures at life, but that would take too long and it's getting late :/

Just know that IB kids are NOT NORMAL don't be deceived. Run if you're still sane!

I'd like to hear these reasons :P . My current boyfriend and I are May 2008 graduates and we were an IB couple! It's been almost 2.5 years of being together now. It actually helped a lot to have your significant other know exactly what you're going through and understand that school comes first.

Haha, I'd never get a IB boyfriend.

If IBs dated each other, all you'd do is talk about school.

Luckily my best friends aren't in IB so I don't end up falling into that trap.

But my class is a lot like Afterglow, we're all completely different people... but still, IB is a lifestyle haha

Bottom Line: Don't date within your class... it just won't work.

I did get an IB boyfriend. And all we DID talk about is school (and he was in the grade below me! we were only in two classes together--math and chorus lol)!

I'm actually not a huge fan of a lot of the IB kids at my school (I swear we have like an asian nation there). We have a large class though, so I hang out w/ the cool IB kids (the artsy ones, lol).

And a lot of my best friends aren't in IB either. Unfortunately, that doesn't allow me a lot of time to hang out with them!

I'd like to hear these reasons :help: . My current boyfriend and I are May 2008 graduates and we were an IB couple! It's been almost 2.5 years of being together now. It actually helped a lot to have your significant other know exactly what you're going through and understand that school comes first.

Oh.. Reasons why it happened? Well one of them has a questionable sexual orientation... Another one could definitely never get a gf if he lost that one... It's really not cool.

And as to reasons why they shouldn't...

1. They don't understand the phrase "get a room"

2. It scars my eyes to see those girls not doing anything and even more if I see them all over my friend :) WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN COVER YOUR EYES

3. Or they act really weird in general

4. She's really annoying, winy and stupid :argh:

5. They don't seem to do anything other than get depressed together

I think I should stop in the unlikely event that one of them finds this post...