• TI-83+
    • TI-84+
    • TI-84 silver edition
    • TI-89
    • TI-Nspire
    • Hewlett Packard
    • Casio
    • ETC :)

For those of you who haven't seen it... this is the N-Spire.

nsprCAS_LR_Str8.jpg

That is such a cool little calculator :) Even though it doesnt look that advanced, it looks like it could pass by the IB regulations...does it? Because even though it's no voyage 200 at least i'd be able to use it for my tests.

That is such a cool little calculator :) Even though it doesnt look that advanced, it looks like it could pass by the IB regulations...does it? Because even though it's no voyage 200 at least i'd be able to use it for my tests.

TI-Nspire, however, permitted in IB exam I believe. Or at least my teacher won't allow me to use it in IB exam. It's really useful and it's actually advanced. People said TI-89 is better but actually TI-Nspire just focus more on Geometry (it can do all the manipulation with circles / tri / etc) while TI-89 is more about calculus which is clearly more useful.

I'm using the TI-84 silver version and i think it is pretty easy to use

i did not know how to use a graphing calculator until i became a sophomore but i didnt have any difficulties in mastering the calculator (only took me a month)

and as you cant use a TI-89 on the real exam, i believe TI-84 silver version is the best for the exam

• 5 weeks later...
I only have a TI-83+ :*(

Same here. When i got into the IB programme I had to buy one, and that's what my teacher ordered for me. And only now I've checked and I realized it's a 83+. In Romania we were not allowed to use calculators is school and I think this really helps me now.I'm not worried for the paper without GDC, but my classmates already started practicing.

Don't buy CASIO!!! here are two reasons why you shouldn't buy one:

1. because it uses a lot of battery and you need to change it frequently.

2. Casio graphic calculator is still new. So, there are not many things to download from the net (ie. games.. etc..)

just use TI-84 plus or TI-84 or Ti-83. it'll be very useful especially when you really know how to use it like I did.

plus, it's fun to play games! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...