• TI-83+
    • TI-84+
    • TI-84 silver edition
    • TI-89
    • TI-Nspire
    • Hewlett Packard
    • Casio
    • ETC :)

I use a TI 83+, but that's only because my teacher has a class set. I'm going to use it for IB and buy the Inspire when I'm done! =]

Btw, does anyone know where I could find a guide on how to write programs for my calculator? Because my friend wrote one for Chem to calculate pressure and such. But she won't show me. x[ Meh.

• 2 weeks later...

The TI-83 and 84 are pretty powerful for things like calculus if you know how to use them. As for programming, I'm pretty good at it myself.

Ticalc.org has some good tutorials, here is the basic section: http://www.ticalc.org/basics/calculators/ti-84plus.html#8

I learned by trial and error, but I am going to learn how to program assembly from a link on that site.

• 4 weeks later...

I had an (alas a short lived one) affair with my TI-89 from yr 7-10, but now I've got to use a TI-84+ for IB and it's sooo hard for me to adjust.

*Sigh*... I remember the days when you could solve several simultaneous equations by going "F5-SOLVE"...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I heart my Casio. Though it's a HUGE THANGGG, I've become used to its clunking noise in my backpack as I walk down the hallway.

=)

anyone here using CASIO??

i heard casio is easy to use than TI

I''ve glanced at the TI. Casio seems wayyy easier, but I'm biased because it's all I use.