What is the worst mark you have received for a test or exam you actually tried to do well in?

saunders is god

Guest Fiorella

Back when I took Physics SL (after 1 month of trying it out I switched to Biology HL and now I have a good grade for science:D) I got 3 on a IB like exam and I was soooo embarassed...I was the only person that got less than a 5 on it >.< And I studied so hard! But now that's all in the past lol

• 2 months later...

I think I got a 5 for English and 5 for Bio... oh and 11/20 for TOK. Yay? Haha. Thank goodness I had other things to pull me up and get a solid 6. As for TOK... no comment :P Nonetheless, it was quite sad. Our teachers always make us aim for 7s (but I guess that's what all teachers want us to get), and I felt like I didn't satisfy their standards. But I should set my own goals and achieve them, rather than trying to please everyone else.

Earlier this semester I got a 45% on a math midterm LOL. I spent a lot of time studying for it since I didn't do that well on my first midterm, and when exam day came (I had had a chemistry midterm the day before and was having a paper and anthropology midterm the following day so it was just a bad week) I got myself so worked up I made myself sick, and went to the exam and blanked. It wasn't even too hard of a midterm (things like planes, optimization with Lagrange multipliers, and differentiation in multiple variables) but meh.

• 2 weeks later...

13 points on first maths IA

OH man... mee too, except it was the 2nd IA... I got 17 for the first one... Which is really sad, cause I thought I could've gotten a 7 in math :(

I sure disappointed everyone :(

OH and I got 30/61 on a Biology mock, which didn't count, but still hurt my pride.

Back in the day after we finished vectors and planes, we were given an exam with some pretty tough P2 section B questions - utterly flunked the thing, I exceeded the grade boundary for 3 by one mark because one a) question had been wrongly marked, otherwise would've been a 2. The best grade in the whole class was a weak 5 and the mean close to 3.75 so it wasn't probably the worst to scale but regardless the worst grade throughout my IB...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A 9/20 essay in a history mock that made me angry and depressed as the teacher was surely too harsh ;) oh, and the 12/25 document paper. Damn that made me pull my socks up for the next year!

I think any philosophy essay I got less than 22/30 on depressed me, and I suspect my actual paper 1 2013 exam and IA weren't stronger than 23/30 per essay which depresses me. :(

I once got a 12/20 on an English paper 1, but I wasn't too surprised as I didn't really try on that one.

I used to be depressed by my maths papers as I would get about 60-70%, I've worked to up this average since

And in ESS I hated the long essay questions and would often get about 10-12/20.

50% in Japanese Paper 1 mocks (however that was still better than the class average... those papers were insane)

6/10 and 8/20 Japanese orals that I tried on but blanked on (fortunately this went up to 10/10 and 17/20 for real things)