Mark Boundaries

Survival Robot

Which year? TZ1 isn't enough when there have so far been 5 years of timezoned papers. (M04 was when they introduced TZ1 and TZ2 if I remember correctly)

I was referring to the May 2009 TZ HL Maths papers (Discrete Maths, but since its the core that I'm concerned about I dont think it matters which) :D

I am certain that you can download files from this thread and if you download the file in this post, you can download all the boundaries. But if you can't here's a snapshot of the boundaries you want:

Maths.jpg

Yes I already know that but according to the discussion that is from timezone two. The timezone one however was supposed to be much harder.

For Paper 1 and 2 HL TZ1 check the document I posted previously (containing boundaries for Series) because Paper 1 and 2 have the same boundaries no matter what the option is.

Discrete TZ1 Overall:

Mark range:

1: 0 - 13

2: 14 - 26

3: 27 - 36

4: 37 - 48

5: 49 - 60

6: 61 - 72

7:73 - 100

Paper 3 :

Mark range:

1: 0 - 7

2: 8 - 15

3: 16 - 23

4: 24 - 30

5:31 - 36

6:37 - 43

7:44 - 60

Edited by master135

Which year? TZ1 isn't enough when there have so far been 5 years of timezoned papers. (M04 was when they introduced TZ1 and TZ2 if I remember correctly)

I was referring to the May 2009 TZ HL Maths papers (Discrete Maths, but since its the core that I'm concerned about I dont think it matters which) :D

I am certain that you can download files from this thread and if you download the file in this post, you can download all the boundaries. But if you can't here's a snapshot of the boundaries you want:

Maths.jpg

Yes I already know that but according to the discussion that is from timezone two. The timezone one however was supposed to be much harder.

Boundaries aren't hugely different between the two timezones, so in essence they won't be that different.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello, 3 questions -

1) Can you confirm the scaling factors for HL math in shown in the grade boundaries? Does P3 really get more weighting than P2/P1?

2) Can anyone shed some light on scaling for the Sequences and Series option for HL Math?

3) What about HL Computer Science for 08/09?

Thanks very much.

Edit: nevermind the first one

Edited by iremmeber

Basically you need to make sure that you have done at least 50% of the paper correctly, then you will pass with no problem!

Lol Yeh! But I'm not interested in passing, I want to get a 7!

Usually it is approximately 80% for a 7. Check the latest mark boundaries (2009 for now) to make sure though. They may change from year to year for 1-2 points/percent, but in general it is 80% for a 7.

• 1 month later...

Dang it doesn't have Music SL on there. That was the only test I took and it isn't there. I got a 5 unfortunately.

What were you hoping to get?

And does anyone know how to work out the final percentage? I don't understand the "scaling factor" they've used...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
<font size="7"><font size="5">Hey anybody has any idea about the grade boundaries for the may 2011 IB exam!

i really what to know what the grade boundraies will be!</font></font>

It is still 2010, the exams are not even done yet, so the exact grade boundaries are not out yet. However, the boundaries for each year are actually quite close, only a few percent difference; so you might want to refer to the Nov 10 boundaries which would be out next year or the May 10 boundaries.