Mark Boundaries

Survival Robot

• 3 months later...

Hopefully this is the right location to post this: does anybody know where we can find out how exactly the different portions of the mark are weighted to give the final percentages?

Check the syllabus of the subject. Which subjects are you looking for...I know a few off the top of my head.

Edited by master135

Hopefully this is the right location to post this: does anybody know where we can find out how exactly the different portions of the mark are weighted to give the final percentages?

Check the syllabus of the subject. Which subjects are you looking for...I know a few off the top of my head.

I'm actually after Language B. The syllabus states the percentages fall /30, /40, /30 which is in total /100. The way I add my marks up, I ought to be (just) a grade higher than I was actually given, assuming that as the whole thing is out of one hundred I can simply treat every mark as if it is one percent. However, I am not sure if they weight the way they mark it, and am curious to know as it would actually affect my marks if (by some strange twist of fate!) they were wrong.

I'm actually after Language B. The syllabus states the percentages fall /30, /40, /30 which is in total /100. The way I add my marks up, I ought to be (just) a grade higher than I was actually given, assuming that as the whole thing is out of one hundred I can simply treat every mark as if it is one percent. However, I am not sure if they weight the way they mark it, and am curious to know as it would actually affect my marks if (by some strange twist of fate!) they were wrong.

Are you sure you are checking the correct timezone grade boundaries...and using the Moderated mark for the orals??

Edited by master135

Are you sure you are checking the correct timezone grade boundaries...and using the Moderated mark for the orals??

Yep! The EU timezone (TZ2 I'm pretty sure). And it's the moderated mark which has actually pushed me up! By my reckoning the bottom edge of the 7 band for Spanish B on that thing Aboo posted is 86, which is what I seem to have. Unless my IBC copied it all out wrong, of course. So you reckon there's no additional weighting to it? If not I might actually see if I can contact somebody about it. If I can go up by a grade then, well... may as well!

Anyone have english a2 hl grade boundaries for m09? :blink:

The overall grade boundaries fo English have been the same from May 04 till Nov 8(for a 6 it might be +/- 1)... so they should most likely be the same this year too:

Overall N08

Mark range:

level 1 0 - 11

level 2 12 - 24

level 3 25 - 36

level 4 37 - 51

level 5 52 - 67

level 6 68 - 81

level 7 82 - 100

I can also post the components for N08 too if you want.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the boundaries are made once all candidates have taken the exams. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are 100% correct. Overall grade boundaries are set up in IB grade award meetings after all exams have been taken and marked. The only things that stay the same are the Internal Assessment, TOK, and Extended Essay G boundaries ... unless theres a change in the syllabus or assessment criteria.

Edited by master135

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Which year? TZ1 isn't enough when there have so far been 5 years of timezoned papers. (M04 was when they introduced TZ1 and TZ2 if I remember correctly)

I was referring to the May 2009 TZ HL Maths papers (Discrete Maths, but since its the core that I'm concerned about I dont think it matters which) :(

I am certain that you can download files from this thread and if you download the file in this post, you can download all the boundaries. But if you can't here's a snapshot of the boundaries you want:

Maths.jpg

Which year? TZ1 isn't enough when there have so far been 5 years of timezoned papers. (M04 was when they introduced TZ1 and TZ2 if I remember correctly)

I was referring to the May 2009 TZ HL Maths papers (Discrete Maths, but since its the core that I'm concerned about I dont think it matters which) :D

I am certain that you can download files from this thread and if you download the file in this post, you can download all the boundaries. But if you can't here's a snapshot of the boundaries you want:

Maths.jpg

Yes I already know that but according to the discussion that is from timezone two. The timezone one however was supposed to be much harder.