Mark Boundaries

Survival Robot

@cjy: My IBC is being an absolute *insert bad word here* and is refusing to give me this year's grade boundaries. Do you have all of them, if so, could you share them here for us? I'd especially like to know the boundaries for Spanish Ab. Initio and English Lit Lang SL. Thanks!

• Like 1

Pepe, e-mail your IBC, they get all the boundaries for subjects sat by pupils at your school :) although, could you share your Geography component grades with me? As I'm very close to a 7!

Unfortunately she is not available this week and I need to decide whether Im going to re-mark the subject or not :(

But Gabi told me that the boundary is 88% :)

Of course I can:

Overall 79

Internal 24 (6)

P1 48 (7)

P2 43 (7)

P3 23 (7)

Hope it helps :)

@Pepe Ah thank you very much! We received similar scores in paper 1 + 2 but I only got 13 in paper 3 (**** teacher for that paper!). :) you did amazing btw! Well done!!

@Zuler, I have Spanish ab initio, but only English Lit SL.

For a 7 overall in Spanish ab initio you would need 86%+. For a 6, 72%-85%. For a 5, 59-71%. For a 4, 43-58%. For a 3 29-42%

• Like 1

@Pepe Ah thank you very much! We received similar scores in paper 1 + 2 but I only got 13 in paper 3 (**** teacher for that paper!). :) you did amazing btw! Well done!!

For a 7 overall in Spanish ab initio you would need 86%+. For a 6, 72%-85%. For a 5, 59-71%. For a 4, 43-58%. For a 3 29-42%

Ah Cheers! My IBC told me I was 1 mark away from a 7, and it turns out I got a 5 in my written assessment. Do you know if that is remarked when you file for one, or only paper 1 and 2 are remarked?

Ah Cheers! My IBC told me I was 1 mark away from a 7, and it turns out I got a 5 in my written assessment. Do you know if that is remarked when you file for one, or only paper 1 and 2 are remarked?

I don't think they remark the written assignment unless your entire classes get remarked.

I'm looking for the old IB wisdom ;)

I calculated that if my written assignment and paper 2 in English B are remarked by one point up, the overall result will be 87,733.

A friend of mine achieved 88 and got a 7. Therefore my question is - would my 87,733 be treated as 88 and mean a 7?

I don't think they remark the written assignment unless your entire classes get remarked.

I'm pretty sure they remark the WA because it is the part of external examination. They don't remark internals.
But correct me if I'm wrong. If they don't remark WAs then my planned remarking would not make sense...

Edited by Pepe

I calculated that if my written assignment and paper 2 in English B are remarked by one point up, the overall result will be 87,733.

A friend of mine achieved 88 and got a 7. Therefore my question is - would my 87,733 be treated as 88 and mean a 7?

I'm pretty sure they remark the WA because it is the part of external examination. They don't remark internals.

But correct me if I'm wrong. If they don't remark WAs then my planned remarking would not make sense...

Exactly, that's what I was thinking too would happen :S Well, my school seems to have already applied for a Category 3 remark of the IA's, so hopefully those come up and I can make the next grade, or maybe get a remark after that and hope it's worthwhile.

Exactly, that's what I was thinking too would happen :S Well, my school seems to have already applied for a Category 3 remark of the IA's, so hopefully those come up and I can make the next grade, or maybe get a remark after that and hope it's worthwhile.

What is a Category 3 remark? Never heard of it. How much do you pay for that?

Oh, it's the fancy name for an IA re-moderation requested by the school. Basically our sample is going to be re-moderated (and the school pays for it). Happens when the moderator's mean mark differs from the teacher's by 15%.

Oh, it's the fancy name for an IA re-moderation requested by the school. Basically our sample is going to be re-moderated (and the school pays for it). Happens when the moderator's mean mark differs from the teacher's by 15%.

It happened at our school with history internals, but I dont think that our coordinator has ever requested such a remark.

Luckily I got a 7 but the 5-6 points moderation ruined the marks of some of my friends.

Btw @Pepe I didn't see this clarified earlier so I wanted to state your 87.7 would indeed be rounded up to 88 :)

Thanks so much, no one, whom I asked, could answer this question ;)

I already decided to remark English B, but if the final results are rounded then my chances are greater, it's good to know!

EDIT: I just want to clarify one more thing - they will also remark my written assignment since it is the part of the external examination, right?

Edited by Pepe

1% away from the next boundary, is it worth a remark?

Yes it is if you want the better grade or need it for the university. The final grade is rounded: you may have received 87.4 and if the grade boundary for a 7 is 88+ you're only 0.6 away from the higher grade ;)