What time do you go to bed on average day?

bomb

i get to bed pretty early compared to most IB students, (makes me seem like i dont do enough :P ) but i get home at around 5:00, start homework at around 6:00, finsh up by 9:00 (if there's nothing big due the next day), maybe watch TV, and then go to bed. Maybe this is because I am not one of those procrastination persons, like most of my freinds, but when i have major assigns, I am usually up till 11:00 to 12:00. :dash:

It depends. On a night with an average amount of homework, I go to bed at midnight... On one with tons of homework or big projects due, sometimes I'll go to bed at 4 and wake up at 5. :D

My afternoon and evening schedule looks something like:

2:50 - school ends

3:10 - get home

3:15-3:30 - snack

3:30 - 4:00 - start homework

4:00-4:30 - power nap

4:30-5:00 - more homework

5:00-5:30 - dinner

5:30 - 12:00 midnight - homework, studying, projects, essays, college applications, etc.

So yeah, I get to bed by midnight if I can on an average night.

Hm, when reading this topic my first thought was, "wow, you guys all do really much schoolwork! What am I doing wrong?" but then I realised that I actually do a lot too...

I usually get to bed between 9.30-10.30; it is never later than 11.30, and even that is stretching it.

I get up either at 4.45, 5.50 or 6.50 depending on when I start (8.15, 9.45 and 10.45 respectively), and either sleep or do homework on the 1.5 hour train ride to school.

I have about six hours of gap hours in school over Monday-Wednesday, so I get quite a lot done then.

As for afternoon/evening schedules:

4.00-4.20 School ends

17.00 Train departs

19.00 Get home: eat, talk to my parents, shower, do internetty things; very rarely do homework if it's absolutely necessary

9.30-10.30 Go to bed

Admittedly, during my first two years at this school I did practically everything that was not a tiny assignment at the weekend; I was super stressed and forgot how to have a life. This year I also do most things over the weekends, although I do much more at school, and I'm lucky enough to have Fridays that are entirely free from classes, which means that I have three-day weekends. But I don't think that the IB workload is all that it's made out to be; I think we're all just too happy to have something to whine about. I know I do a lot of whining/bragging, but I also know it isn't as difficult as I thought it'd be. And really, it's so worth it!

Here's my day:

• 4:55 Wake Up
  • 5:45 Take the school bus
  • 6:30 Arrive to school
  • 7:00am - 3:00pm Classes with no free hours
  • 3:00-4:00 Work as a secretary for my history teacher (scholarship service)
  • 4:10 Take the bus back home
  • 5:00 Arrive home
  • 6:00pm-1:00am Homework while I eat (4:00am if its project week)

I really envy those who say that they sleep at 11:00!!

Somewhere around 11 and 1. If the school starts at 8 (like it mostly does) I try to go to sleep at 11, but quite many times it goes to 12. Of course if I have some bigger project, essay or something else I go to bed at 1.

Only expection from this was when I had to make my EE draft. That night I went to sleep at 3.30. I probably drank half a pan of coffee to keep myself awake. I don't want to have another night like that, but I guess that there might be few nights coming... I need to be more active during the day, but procrastination is so tempting. >.<

If I don't get enough sleep during the week (which happens more often than not lately, especially since our coordinator started demanding we finish all our essays), then my body usually goes into full-on-sleep-mode during the weekend. I sleep late and stay asleep until whenever...thankfully I don't have the type of family that insists on me waking up insanely early on weekends.

Ok honestly guys, i've read through some comments and I have no idea what some people do, having to stay up till bloody 4 am in the morning.

I'm finishing off my first year of IB and its being going smootly.I just do my hw right after school as soon as i come back. so i go to be every night at 9.30-10pm so i have absolutely no idea what some of u are doing!!! just do ur hw after school, its all about organisation plus if u stay up that late to do ur hw it won't be good anyway because everyone needs their sleep

Ok honestly guys, i've read through some comments and I have no idea what some people do, having to stay up till bloody 4 am in the morning.

I'm finishing off my first year of IB and its being going smootly.I just do my hw right after school as soon as i come back. so i go to be every night at 9.30-10pm so i have absolutely no idea what some of u are doing!!! just do ur hw after school, its all about organisation plus if u stay up that late to do ur hw it won't be good anyway because everyone needs their sleep

You learn to sleep less. :dash: 4am isn't THAT late unless you're waking up at 6:00.