Old Disney Movies

Vvi

• 3 weeks later...

I love love love the Lion King.W hen I was a young'n, I really wanted to be a Disney animator because of that movie. Haha. Faves have to be 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast.

I will admit that I am completely in love with Tangled as well; it has so many of the old Disney movie qualities to it. The artwork in that movie is phenomenal.

Also, you guys would appreciate this. ;)

Edited by Keel

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Lion King, Pocahontas, Aladdin, you name it.

I can't be the only person that's way past the age of kid's movies and still watches them.

I've just asked my friend if she can look in her 7 year old sister's video collection and see if she has Thumbelina. And I have exams next week, yet I still watched Aladdin and the Swan Princess this week smile.gif

Personal favourites: Lion King, The Swan Princess, Pocahontas, Aladdin, Hercules. I hate Pinocchio. And no sequels, ever. Such bad storylines.

I can't stand the English version of the movies. The translation in Finnish is always much funnier, the singing better and the actor's voices somehow less fake. National bias :help:

Anyone else wanna confess?

Wow I'm soooo surprised to hear anyone say that they prefer the translation of anything that is originally in English, I'm shocked! I always judge/feel sorry for people that had to grow up with english movies that had voice overs. I was always convinced that they were missing out on a lot, haha. I love the Disney movies and I'm definitely making my children watch them in the future, regardless of how ''outdated'' the Disney films will be by then, I just love how much ''effort'' has been put into all of them. Cinderella was my favourite, and I was truly convinced that I was Snow White when I was little. Good times, this topic is making me so nostalgic!

Mulan, Little Mermaid, Bambi, Tarzan, and Hunchback of Notre Dame. I love these for the music. But I also like Lion King and...

Ok I can't do this. I seriously love all the movies ever. We used to have most of these, but I think they were on VHS and are in storage. I went looking for them a few weeks ago and actually started crying when my dad said we might have sold them. Hopefully they are just in a box somewhere. Yes, I would watch a grainy VHS just to watch Disney movies.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...