desperate....

Mahuta ♥

You guyz...i know its MY fault...but im dying for hours...its INSANE,.....i need 47 hours of service and 38 action...its crazy:( :(

im tunisian in oman,...there isnt much to do in here:S:S:S...and yeah..i admit it..i concentrated much more on my studies...like bio HL ...chem HL...etc..etc...and im struggling now....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany simple things u guyz did....tht u think is doable(sp?) globally?

cuz seriously..if im failing my diploma..it would ONLY be cuz of CAS....!!!!everything else is perfect!thnk god

aany ideas...would be more than grateful..

and oh..this is my IB2...:S:S:S :D:D

No text speak!

I got 40 hours of action in about 4 days, because I went on a 4 day cycling trip with a group of people.

For service, most of us are in the holidays, spend a week or something at a old age home giving up 5 hours per day. You'll be closer to your target in no time.

i like the hospital idea..i registered already in a hospital to spend a week there.....and i should get 40 hours of that....

i also liked the idea about an aged person's house....but i cant find that here...plus..im not in my country..so i cant really go to my relatives..ya knw:S

but the hospital thingie is an idea....

any other ideas for action?

and ..thnx for replying:D:D..means alot;)

Ok, so your service is almost done since you're doing the hospital thing.

For action, can you go swimming anywhere? Girl or boy, I'm sure Oman has swimming pools :D

What sports does your school play? When I was in 10th grade, we had a senior who needed action hours. He signed up for the volleyball team and came to practice, even though it was meant for younger kids. This year, some girls in my class joined the soccer team for CAS hours but they never played in matches.

Or sign up for exercise classes. This requires a lot more work (and actual money) than the school thing. I did pilates classes this year and it's so much work to take a bus, go work out, come back home, etc.

"i need 47 hours of service and 38 action"

Dont worry, you will be able to cover that. I'm in 2IB and have completed my CAS hour...

Well, I suggest you to do voluntary works such as blood donation (this is great..i love it) , teach kids at school(i did this every week last time), paint mural,... you can do these constantly for several weeks and you will fill up the empty CAS hours.

Apart from that, as for actions, do you join any sports club in your school? Why dont attend the meeting every weeks to get CAS hours.. I think that will help.. busy? yes I know.. but, you still need to get your Hours completed..

Good luck!!

Go to your sports co-ordinator at your school and say, I dont care what sport just put me in one...

Go to your cultural co- ordinator, let me be a part of the stage crew for an upcoming blahblah,

Go to( if your school has one) kindergarten and help out at lunch times.

Its not hard, there is 24hours in a day.

I love how you were worried about spelling here: "tht u think is doable(sp?) globally?". Made me laugh >.<

On Topic:

For service you could

- volunteer at a fundraiser/walk (like CIBC's run for the cure in Canada).

For action

-coach a kid's sports team?

- swimming/other sports work too

mahuta, I told you no text speak. There are consequences of site violations you know. Once more and...

what do you mean? what is i did?

No text speak!

I got 40 hours of action in about 4 days, because I went on a 4 day cycling trip with a group of people.

For service, most of us are in the holidays, spend a week or something at a old age home giving up 5 hours per day. You'll be closer to your target in no time.

..oh hang...do you mean the "cuz".."tht" ..."thnk"..and stuff?

if so..i apologize:D...wont happen again;)....

Edited by Aboo

im tunisian in oman,...there isnt much to do in here:S:S:S...and yeah..

I know what you feel i live in Amman Jordan doing IB and there is NOTHING no hospitals to go help out, (its hard speciall when you cam from USA and your use to doing all these stuff, i mean going to a hospital to help out ppl are gna think your a quack! so what does our school do its not the nicest but still,

Action: We do the school sports, and go after school to gym also swimming in my school

Creativity: We took photographt classes our school provided also pottery

Service: Charity, helped tutor "people" which was actually my brother lol

* Other things my school did i DIDNT participate in : Toast masters (speaking skills), MUN, Aqaba Wadi Rum trip ( 3 WHOLE DAYS! gna participate next year) Cycling trips

I know what you feel i live in Amman Jordan doing IB and there is NOTHING no hospitals to go help out, (its hard speciall when you cam from USA and your use to doing all these stuff, i mean going to a hospital to help out ppl are gna think your a quack! so what does our school do its not the nicest but still,

Action: We do the school sports, and go after school to gym also swimming in my school

Creativity: We took photographt classes our school provided also pottery

Service: Charity, helped tutor "people" which was actually my brother lol

* Other things my school did i DIDNT participate in : Toast masters (speaking skills), MUN, Aqaba Wadi Rum trip ( 3 WHOLE DAYS! gna participate next year) Cycling trips

yup....thanks for the idea:D.....its a good one!about tutoring... :D

thanks again

If you talk to your teachers they are generally pretty willing to help, so ask if you have finished your work, that maybe you can count helping out others in the class as S. This will double your class time and S time so you can still study in your free time.

For A I agree with the others, just get out there and do something. Go running and ask your friend to go with you. Or go for a week and get 12 hours done from bike riding. There are plenty of options. Just keep searching.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Go for a run. At least five people in my class ran aroun dan hour a week, and then signed up for a bigger race at the end. I'm sure they got around 15-20 hours, and its good for showing commitment, perserverance. And if you run for a charity, you can count it as service. Though I'm not sure how easy this would be to do in Oman.