Math SL November 2013

IB-Surviving

Yeah I found paper 2 really difficult as well espically section a and the last questions of section B . Were you able to do the rectangle question in section A?

yeahh i did that question, this is what i done not 100 % sure if its correct though......for part (a) the answer was 6-2x

for part (b) which was finding an expression for the area of the rectangle..since op=x, the height of the triangle would be x substituted into the actual function......so the height of the rectangle is the actual function of the semi circle and the base is 6-2x

• Like 1

for Q.8 in section B of paper 2, for the last part, did anyone find the length of the arc by calculating the circumference of the whole circle than taking away the circumference of the semi- circle with diameter 13.3 from it?.......thats what i did, have no idea if its correct

Edited by g_ar

Paper 1 was quite straightforward although it was harder than the past exam papers,

I had a problem with the last question of paper 1, I forgot that your supposed to use

the function that you derived in part a) >.< I was too drained from paper 3 history.

Paper 2 was really tricky, especially the semi-circle question, the last part for vectors in part B

and the absolute last question of the exam (although I think I did it correctly)-probability one. \

I found paper 2 to be much harder than the past exams papers especially the Nov 2012 and 2011 papers.

Anyways, hopefully it'll be alright :)

Yeah, Paper 1 was pretty good! I agree with all of you .. it was harder than previous years.
Paper 2, however, was a bit more tricky... it tested our understanding of concepts.. we really had to know our stuff..

I got n=8 for the last question about probability too!! yay!

for the vectors... I got from memory.. -1,0,-18 (something like that, I forgot)

OVERALL. the ugliest question for me in both papers was question 7 of paper 2 (the semi-circle) the second-half of it.... didn't really make sense.... I just stared at that page for a good twenty minutes... hoping for something to click... but yeah ... no.. nothing.

HOPE WE ALL DO WELL!

GOOD LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL DOING EXAMS!

and all you guys who've finished exams -.-.. good luck with the results :) January 4-5 will be the scariest moment of our livesss.. :(