How do you handle all these ib stress?

Lan

Probably because people are not used to the workload, and we procrastinate. I usually got stressed when after a 7-hr day at school I still had 8+ hours of homework. If you don't know how to be balanced, it'll stress the heck out of you.

Yea, constantly working from morning til night. Stressful and tiring too. Try just take a nap for about... 20-30 minutes, set a alarm. While you sleep, play some light piano music. When you are falling asleep, think lightly about your project or whatever you were stressed about. And your brain will relax and think clearly and less stressful. Then wake up feel more... energized. It's like a drug that lasts 1 day, and the next day you fall asleep like a baby :sleep: Good rest.

omg IB stress is orgasmic for the heart and mind *sarcastic tone*

I have a a poor tolerance for stress and my only cure for stress is to go to sleep when i get home from sch instead of doing whatever IAs i have. You feel better after your sleep but you'll feel even worse knowing that you've not finished that IA which should have been done a week ago. I dont know about exercising though.....does it really help? i tried caffine, but i become more lethargic. I dont smoke but i heard it helps, but then again those guys are crazy.

i study in a boarding school and i have pretty busy days so sometimes i have to stay awake during the night working on IAs but the next day i fall asleep while walking, in class and caffeine doesnt work at all. The worst thing is not that cuz if i just sleep a couple of hours i can control myself but when i dont sleep enough i get a terrible stomachache and i cant eat for 2 days at least and it doesnt feel nice either.

am i the only one with this problem?

i study in a boarding school and i have pretty busy days so sometimes i have to stay awake during the night working on IAs but the next day i fall asleep while walking, in class and caffeine doesnt work at all. The worst thing is not that cuz if i just sleep a couple of hours i can control myself but when i dont sleep enough i get a terrible stomachache and i cant eat for 2 days at least and it doesnt feel nice either.

am i the only one with this problem?

You should really sleep well for a few nights then start working again. Your lack of sleep probably decreases your efficiency so you'd actually be better off if you did sleep.

I go out and party. Used to be my habit last year, and this year it is too. No matter how much work there is, partying takes your mind off it.

I don't whine about my work. All my classmates do enough of that, and burst out in tears in the middle of class. I think the quote "God never gives us more than we can bear" is appropriate for the IB. We all have the same amount of work to do, and just need to do it as best we can.

1. Don't procrastinate (Yea right)

2. Start work early (Maybe)

3. Sleep more (If we don't procrastinate)

4. Music - it helps your soul

5. Dance - shake all that stress away

6. Sports - help blood flow, thus, better grades

7. Play musical instruments - Piano, guitar, flute.

8. Read... (for some people... I am not one of them)

I go out and party. Used to be my habit last year, and this year it is too. No matter how much work there is, partying takes your mind off it.

I don't whine about my work. All my classmates do enough of that, and burst out in tears in the middle of class. I think the quote "God never gives us more than we can bear" is appropriate for the IB. We all have the same amount of work to do, and just need to do it as best we can.

I am actually from the same school of thought. Nothing will be too tough, even though nothing will be too easy either. You just need to give everything your best shot, and, people, don't just waste time stressing!

Oh yeah, partying is such a nice medicine, I swear...it just works wonders when you have a lot of work to do and don't feel motivated!

Many of the people summarized pretty well, the same i think.

I would like to add more-

* Go out for a walk and take some fresh air, forget everything about school and stress. Do not think much, just observe the natural beauty when you are out.

* Share your thought to your classmates on how to decrease the intensity of stress, and ask them what do they. Asking them really helps because they are also suffering from the same IB-pain. Who knows they might come out with good ideas that can help you in handling the stress.

Well for me I dont seem to get stressed out all that much. Although there have been some occasional times where I could have just collapsed but for me some of the things that work to get rid of stress are.

- Music - I prefer Pink Floyd. Love classic rock. Also its psychedelic so it makes for an interesting listening expierence

- Sleep - Well of course

- Slack - Best use sparingly. Just let it all go for a day. Do absolutely nothing

Hope that helps

Cheers