How do you handle all these ib stress?

Lan

come on guys, let's have some "moment of truths" time. IB IS challenging and i strongly doubt that anyone would say it is too easy or i love it!! if i'm wrong, please prove or explain to me!! anyway, when i reached that point, and i just can't take it anymore, i do some crazy stuff. other people probably cry or throw stuff ( which i tried but it wasn't so effective) i would simply jump or run until all of my energy ran out and go to sleep. i looked like a maniac by the way, but i do feel a lot better. you?

p.s. if you found out that my method actually gonna work, please let me know.

a sincere thank you

Edited by Lan

I still don't really know how to deal with stress, but when my stress levels, on a scale of 1-10, are about 15, I might...

- go for a jog/do exercise to let out all my stress and energy

- do something relaxing and try to forget about all the work I have to do! Like watch a movie, go shopping or something

- complain to fellow IB students (it helps to know that others are going through the same thing)

I'd like to know if there are other more effective solutions!

Honestly, the only time I have any real stress is when I have big tests all scheduled on the same day or something. Other times I actually quite enjoy IB classes mainly because I can have some intelligent conversations with my peers and learn about why something does instead of just how.

If it was a stressful week, I like to go party the weekend right after or go play some hockey.

I usually went for a run.

The faster I ran, the more mad or stressed I was haha.

It's a pretty productive stress release.

I used to play tetris as well haha

Or listen to music.

Or call a friend and vent about my life.

It all depends on what works for you.

Even a good sobfest is helpful!

I loved IB, I miss IB. I didn't stress all that much, I mean what are my parents for I let them do the stressing for me. I think in order to love IB you have to love learning, and I do. I miss learning. I loved Tok, chem, bio, english, spanish, geo. The only things I didn't love were my EE and maths. I just found the challenge invigorating. IB also gave me an excuse to develop all kinds of unhealthy habits which nourish the soul, eg staying up really late. It gave me something to focus on in my otherwise movitation free life. Most of all it was a test, and I have always loved tests.

I'm in shock.

I seriously don't have any stress - I find IB easier than MYP, to be honest. Not only because there are syllabi that actually tell you almost exactly what to learn, but also because there are great sites on the internet (including IBS) that help reduce the workload by far. I also don't have trouble managing my time - I start big assignments like a day after I get them and finish them like a day or two before they are due. Always works. I've never pulled an all-nighter and keep a balance between school and social life :good:

That said, I'm only in IB1 - this might change in IB2 :help:

Edited by Max

I seriously don't have any stress - I find IB easier than MYP, to be honest. Not only because there are syllabi that actually tell you almost exactly what to learn, but also because there are great sites on the internet (including IBS) that help reduce the workload by far. I also don't have trouble managing my time - I start big assignments like a day after I get them and finish them like a day or two before they are due. Always works. I've never pulled an all-nighter and keep a balance between school and social life :good:

That said, I'm only in IB1 - this might change in IB2 :help:

That's amazing. Everyone out there needs to follow your example. Seriously. :help: